Curious!

All things NVA
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Curious!

Unread post by karatestu »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:52 pm So am I imagining it, I am sure he said he had retired, did you see that as well.
I think he said he was winding down a little and stopped doing certain work. Les does not populate and solder the pcb's but I think he still assembles everything when he builds an amplifier. Not sure how much Naim modification / servicing he does anymore. His own designs are way better anyway.
DIY FREE ZONE

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

Teddy is in Israel and he usually visits the U.K. Every year.

The TP / NVA bake off is something I had been nurturing for a while. Imposssible to hold it at stemcor towers but I might be able to persuade my local music loving C of E vicar to let me hire a room. The church has a car park for about 30 vehicles and is at the end of the high street which has the perfect combination of a cafe combined with a record and cd shop.

Is there any appetite amongst the hfs faithful for a day in Billericay ? It would probably have to be in January or February.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Billericay - will that make me Billericay Dickie if I come :mrgreen:

Billericay Dickie
Song by Ian Dury
Lyrics
Well, you ask Joyce and Vicki
If candy-floss is sticky
I'm not a blinking thicky
I'm Billericay Dickie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuNyzEa0gU8

I am up for it.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

That was too obvious for me - I was resting on my laurels after the UFO post !

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

We could compare your pl71 with my Rega RP10 with an Apheta mc cartridge. I think everybody knows I have a phono 2 with 2 x psu plus a pair of Cube 3s as I like to let everybody know that they are rather good.

Frasernash
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Frasernash »

+1 Richer Sounds and Superfi and John Lewis great place to try headphones, all the Japanese companies that have kept Hifi honest.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Superfi sell Naim :shock: how can you recommend them.

The point is who is not ripping you off, Superfi definitely are. Not a clue about John Lewis, didn't know they did hi-fi, BUT any retailer = slurp, unless they do in house product and keep prices as low as possible as in Richer Sounds.

Frasernash
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Frasernash »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:22 am Superfi sell Naim :shock: how can you recommend them.

The point is who is not ripping you off, Superfi definitely are. Not a clue about John Lewis, didn't know they did hi-fi, BUT any retailer = slurp, unless they do in house product and keep prices as low as possible as in Richer Sounds.
Superfi didn't now they did Naim but they sometimes sell of loads of speakers end of line quite cheap, and John Lewis is mainly headphones and they will price match and bought headphones way below retail through a deal with JL.

Hifi sold through dealers are always a rip off as most are just boxes with drivers in selling for thousands when the cost to build most be low, but no one seems to sell them cheaply enough and they are sold on there looks.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

karatestu wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:00 pm Sorry John, did not mean to forget your superb services. :oops:

I will surely sing your praises from the roof tops when you have moved the motor position on my little old fruitbox. :dance:

Stu
Hi Stu.

In the Doc's style - toadying will get you nowhere! :lol:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.