Can I add a headphone facility to my AP20

All things NVA
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Can I add a headphone facility to my AP20

Unread post by Fretless »

Nice closed-back phones : Take a look at the Meze 99 Classic's.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro & AudioQuest

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Fretless wrote:Nice closed-back phones : Take a look at the Meze 99 Classic's.
The Meze's are bit over budget for me at the moment. I've ordered a pair of Satus Audio CB-1 to see what all the fuss is about https://thestatusaudio.com/products/cb1 There has been some criticism of the construction but if they are similar to my Takmaster budget headphones which I think were a bit cheaper I'll be happy enough providing the sound is up to scratch.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Hope they sound as good as they look.

Quarknosis

antonio66 wrote:Hope they sound as good as they look.
The Meze's or the Status's

Doc the amp is out for delivery so should be with you today.

I also need something to attenuate the output of my Phono 1 into a recording device with fixed recording level and I'm thinking about getting a P20 to do that, I think that I can do that by using the AP20 between the 2 and using the pre out rather than the tape out, is that correct.

Would it be worth sending them it together with the AP20 if I can get the P20 ordered today or tomorrow or doesn't it make any difference to you?
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Not sure what you are asking. A tape out is fixed level, you are after a variable out. A P20 will do that.

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

The Meze's or the Status's

The Status's, the're the one you have purchased.

Quarknosis

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Not sure what you are asking. A tape out is fixed level, you are after a variable out. A P20 will do that.
Thanks Doc,

I've just ordered a P20 via ebay, what's the despatch time looking like with your current workload? I was thinking that it might save you a little bit on shipping if the P20 and the AP20 with the headphone section fitted are sent together rather than separately.

Quarknosis

antonio66 wrote:The Meze's or the Status's

The Status's, the're the one you have purchased.
I think they look good too, as mentioned earlier I'll have to see what they are like in the flesh, as it were, because of the opinions about build quality vary greatly. I can't make my mind up whether I like the look of the Meze's, or not.

Interestingly Status Audio are direct selling via the internet, in the US at least anyway.