Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well that wasn't much fun :roll: but a member got a bargain :mrgreen:

Ukulele Sam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: Old trade in A60

Unread post by Ukulele Sam »

Well that was a bit unexpected!! Thought someone else might have joined in the fun but happy I won. Thanks Doc, looking forward to trying the amp, will p.m you re payment and probably order a pre-amp through EBAY to match. :grin:

duke_dayspring

Unread post by duke_dayspring »

I really wanted to get involved, but got sidetracked trying to work out how much NVA speaker cable I needed in order to accommodate the unit in my rig :roll:
Should have thought about that slightly before the 24 hrs were up :lol:
Oh well.. Would've had to move something on to pay for it anyway. Enjoy!
We Rule Tings.. Tings Don't Rule We

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Congratulations Ukelele Sam :clap:

I successfully managed to resist the temptation to bid :lol: and I would have needed a pre as well anyway.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Ukulele Sam
Great Britain

Thanks - I'd had a beer and resistance was low, didn't really expect to win with that bid to be honest and yes, pre-amp on my shopping list now as well :grin: Had to own up to Mrs Ukulele Sam this morning though :roll:

Going to be fun though, which is what it's all about. Looking forward to trying out with the Cubettes and will report back with pictures, if I can work out how to do it!

Ukulele Sam
Great Britain

Just a quick update, will post a more detailed review after a few more days listening but a package arrived this week with a couple of new toys :grin:

The old A60 is a reassuringly heavy lump of an amp and is in really good condition, considering the age. The P20 is tiny, cute and light. As above, will post a more detailed review soon but first impressions? All the qualities of of my AP40x integrated, solidity, warmth and clarity but with added weight and detail. The power amp really grips the Cubettes by the bollox and controls them. Overall, very pleased with my modest outlay, thanks Doc for the opportunity. I can only imagine what going further up the NVA food chain would give you!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You are in serious trouble, they are going to fall on the floor and smash - how are they staying up there, chewing gum :shock:

:lol:

Ukulele Sam
Great Britain

Ha, don't worry, all nice and secure. The Cubettes look a bit precarious in that photo but they are on solid 2 column stands with decent sized top plate and secured with blu-tac. Amps stacked for photo purposes only but now separated and singing nicely!

This old amp really is really a solid bit of kit and a great bargain I feel - try getting that quality of sound and musicality on a budget of £450 for amp and speakers! Only problem is I know where this will lead, cables next (LS2 in situ) but going to be fun! I guess my AP40px may be going on EBay soon.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The pictures I am seeing its all glued to the ceiling :shock:

OK the pics are upside down, can you turn them around it is doing my head in.