NVA Pre Amplifier

All things NVA
Principia

NVA Pre Amplifier

Unread post by Principia »

Looking for a new preamp, the P50 SA and the P90 are both £300, whats the difference between the 2 in terms of sound quality. Anyone experience of using either passive with Quad QMP Monoblocks?

Thanks
Cambridge Audio CXC, NVA SSP Digital, Primare DAC 30, NVA P90, Jadis CA30, NVA LS6, Quad 57's

alfer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA Pre Amplifier

Unread post by alfer »

The 50SA has a superior potentiometer, a Stepped Attenuator. The 90 doesn't. Sorry doc
AtoZ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

He is right, the P50sa will be better sound wise, the P90 is when more inputs and a balance is needed. You can then step the P90 up to a P90sa which is better again than the P50sa.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

I know that passives work with quad power amps. Would be interested myself in the SQ difference. For me both a stepped attenuator and two vol knobs have their inconveniences so its a best compromise based on sound and connectivity.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

George Hincapie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

I have the P90SA; having two volume controls is no burden at all. I change both without really being concious of it. I

Principia

Unread post by Principia »

Thanks for the info the 50 SA looks favourite since I only have CD input the increased flexibility of the 90 is not needed
Cambridge Audio CXC, NVA SSP Digital, Primare DAC 30, NVA P90, Jadis CA30, NVA LS6, Quad 57's