4mm Panel sockets

All things NVA
Quarknosis

4mm Panel sockets

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Having just bought a pair of vintage home brew speakers I need some 4mm sockets to replace the 2mm sockets fitted at the moment. I think the panel is going to be 18mm thick.

Does anyone know where I can find something suitable, the ones that I have been looking at all seem to be for panels 13mm maximum thickness or don't specify.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: 4mm Panel sockets

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Ebay, Maplin - a million places.

Shevans
Great Britain

Unread post by Shevans »

Quarknosis

I am specifically looking for panel sockets rather than binding posts, I thought I had said this in my original post be rereading it obviously I haven't. Sorry for the confusion.

After a bit of thought I will probably use some old sockets from my spares box and fix them in place with contact adhesive for now. While I have the cabinets opened up for soldering I am hoping to take some pictures and start a thread on these speakers.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Quarknosis

Tried Aldi today.

The only bananas that had were yellow and curved, definitely no 4mm panel sockets in store ;)

Seriously though, I managed by enlarging the existing hole for the 2mm sockets to 7mm and hammering the 8mm outer diameter sockets in to give an excellent tight fit. No need for me to use the supplied nuts on the sockets at all. I think I'll be using that method again in the future :)