Phono 2 2nd PSU

All things NVA
Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Phono 2 2nd PSU

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

The visit to Doc towers is always a pleasure.

I was there last week to collect a pair of Cube 3s. The old brain cell got working and a short conversation later I was the new owner of PSU no 2. First impression from cold was nothing special but I knew that the little fella needed time to warm up. Once warmed up there is no doubt that the new addition is worthwhile. If you want an analogy then it's a bit like a light dimmer switch. The Doc has said that the circuit is fairly similar throughout the range but with increased power supply as you move up. If you can imagine the dimmer switch at a low level = phono 1, then turning the brightness up a bit brings you to phono 2. A bit more = well you get the idea.

Once again, the upgrade brings you closer to what the musicians were playing during the recording which is what I wanted.

And the Cube 3s ? They are still in their bubble wrap. I want to get "comfortable" with the PSU 2 before changing the speakers. I had a pair under the loan scheme so know how good they are. I'm looking forward to listening to them and will update at some point in the future.