LS1 to LS6

All things NVA
Quarknosis

LS1 to LS6

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Before my LS6 cables arrived I often had occasions when I wondered if going further up the LS range would be worth it as the LS1 is a very enjoyable cable. After the last few days I have to say that the answer is a resounding yes.

When listening to electronic music from The Higher Intelligence Agency I experienced an effect that was new to me, while the layers in the music were more clearly defined than I am used to, it was also possible to clearly hear the changes in volume of each individual layer highlighting the ebb and flow and making this a fantastic listening experience.

While this is the most extreme difference noticed so far between the LS6 and any of my previous cables, there have been other differences as well. Instruments seem to have greater texture and have wonderful tone which in a lot of the music that I listen to means that the bass is more satisfying but brass and strings come across far better as well. I remember reading in a Hi Fi mag years ago about hearing when a sizzle cymbal was played and I was able to hear this clearly for the first time with the LS6. There has been an increase in the width of the soundstage with instruments now placed about 18-24 inches outside the speakers rather than being just outside them before the LS6.

The often quoted NVA traits of clarity has also taken a large step forward as well as a more vibrant sound which paradoxically also seems very relaxed at the same time.

So another set of cables that won't be going back to Doc :grin:
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880