Unread post by terrybooth »

Professor Honeydew beckons...
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A40s

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Billy, does the SBT natively stream Tidal? Can it be controlled with an Android or iOS app?

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

BillyBones wrote:I too have had my first NVA moment today!

Jimbob very kindly brought his A40's, P50, and various cables to my home and we hooked them up to my Squeezebox Touch and Beresford Caiman and listened for a couple of hours to various music via Tidal.

What can I say other than my Epos Elan speakers sounded fantastic. They did do anyway with my Creek Evolution amp, but my first impressions of the A40/P50 combo are extremely positive, and felt the NVA's delivered a punchier sound. Both James and I agreed that we preferred the P50 as the pre rather than when we used the Caiman as the pre, though to be fair there wasn't much in it.

I'm so pleased that I've had this opportunity to have a home demo with my set-up, and that NVA itch of mine just got a whole lot itchier!

Many thanks James, I hope one day to get a listen to your Allison 6's when they're up and running.
Thanks for allowing me and my amps into your home! It was a really good couple of hours and it is always nice to get the chance to hear different kit.

It was my first time listening to a creek amp and it is indeed a very nice sounding amp. Ultimately the A40s were the better sounding amps with a very dynamic and clear sound.

I would have really liked for you to hear what the A40s can do driving my Royds and I look forward to paying you another visit once the Allison 6s are up and running.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Tidal streams........Not more bad weather on it's way. :doh: :geek:

jammy395

terrybooth wrote:Professor Honeydew beckons...
Luv the pic Tel......
Should be the Docs new Avatar. :lol: :clap:

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

George Hincapie wrote:Billy, does the SBT natively stream Tidal? Can it be controlled with an Android or iOS app?

Hi George.

I opened an a/c with Tidal, taking advantage of their 30 day free trial, to check it out. I have the Logitech Media Server running on my laptop. I clicked on the LMS Web Control and went to the App Gallery. Tidal is included in the list of Apps so I just installed it with my account details. That's just the way I did it, but you could do it directly with your SBT but that's quite cumbersome and it's so much easier doing it from my laptop.

I control my SBT from my Nexus tablet using the Squeeze Commander App, dead simple. I could also use my phone but it's so much more convenient and easy to navigate the search functions using my Nexus.

When Jimbob was round we used my Nexus for all functions. I must admit the quality of the stream from Tidal is very good (FLAC quality) but I don't think it has as much choice as Spotify Premium just yet.

Katie Melua sounded quite nice ;)

jammy395

WTF.......is the above real hifi. :!:

Discuss. :epop:

Its akin to What hifi becoming What hifi + Home Cinema.

:evil: :evil:

This aint the thread for this shit.......

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

I don't see why not. I wanted to hear some NVA gear and a fellow NVA devotee like yourself very kindly came around my house to demonstrate his NVA amps. After listening to his P50/A40 combo I would have no hesitation in recommending it to other people, and I will most probably be indulging myself later in the year.

I'm sorry my sources aren't "hi-fi" to you, but they sure as hell are to me and that's all that concerns me.

George Hincapie

Unread post by George Hincapie »

jammy395 wrote:WTF.......is the above real hifi. :!:

Discuss. :epop:

Its akin to What hifi becoming What hifi + Home Cinema.

:evil: :evil:

This aint the thread for this shit.......
Quite right Jammy; I ought to have sent the chap a PM. My mistake - but thanks for answering Jimbob! :guiness;

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

I sometimes feel sorry for jammy,wallowing in the stone age as he is,i expect to hear that he is a muslim convert any day now... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do most of my listening through a modified SBT and Spotify and it always beats CD and Vinyl in my idle basterds system.Records seem to need turning before i get back to the sofa,and cd's ain't much better.I do like to know i can hear all my music without leaving the comfort of my chair.The older you get the more this appeals to me ... :epop: :epop: :epop: :snooty:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1