Cubix Pro

All things NVA
applemarc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cubix Pro

Unread post by applemarc »

OK sold the two Quadraspires and had the Customspeaker co make this for me now all the power supplies are hidden away.

Beresford Caiman Ipod

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That looks the doggies dangles :clap:

applemarc

Yep very happy with it Rich made to my dimensions took a bit of work to make sure it could handle the weight all those Power supplies add up not to mention the SME as well delivered in time and on budget.
Beresford Caiman Ipod

selby

Unread post by selby »

So just how good do those speakers sound?
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Like NVA but more, much more. :lol:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Room walls, especially in a big room have a big influence. All variation of Cube need the wall behind them, but your ears do not need a wall right behind them. Sofa against back wall and speakers against front wall mean there is some tuning to do to make them work together. Getting the sofa about 5 to 10 ft away from the rear wall will make everything drop into shape a lot more easily.

applemarc

They sound very good. As the Doc says I have to tune them a bit more when I have added small granite stands. But I can tell you now he's not getting them back
Beresford Caiman Ipod

selby

Unread post by selby »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Getting the sofa about 5 to 10 ft away from the rear wall will make everything drop into shape a lot more easily.
You've just described my listening position, damn you! stop making me want cubes even more!
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

My Cubes have ended up VERY close to the back wall and at almost 45 degrees toe-in!
The wall placement was a bit weird as I started about 9 inches out and began to edge them back. The bass strengthened, as one would expect, and when it reached the point where it seemed a bit too much I eased them back out a tad. Toe-in was tried at just about every possible position, from toe-out to almost facing each other just to see what happened. I couldn't get exactly what I was after so, with toe-in at about 30 degrees, I started to push the speakers back again, prepared to push them right back to the wall to see what happened. This was the weird bit. The bass, at first, got too overblown as before, but then, as they went even further back, it settled and the mid-range took on a real density that seemed to match the deep bass much better. Next I increased the toe-in until the main central image is almost "touchably" holographic. This was at the expense of some of the width of soundstage but is a compromise I'm happy with. 8-)
Tell you what though, I wouldn't have wanted to do all that moving about with the Cubix Pro !! :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

applemarc

I have to say they are very heavy and hard to move around When I setup the new cabinet I Powered up the speakers one at a time and the results where pretty impressive even just the top speaker on it's own was good add the second speaker improvements in bass was immediately apparent add the third speaker is a revelation all I can say is it's money well spent I just have to fine tune.
Beresford Caiman Ipod