More delays

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: More delays

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Still in pain but at least now I know where it is. The teeth are fine it seems to be in my jaw below where the tooth was taken out. It took her over 20 minutes of fighting with it and yanking it from all angles before it came loose. I am now getting afraid my jaw bone has been cracked in the process. If I still have pain next week then I have to go back to the hospital. It was done at Guys Hospital.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Went back to the hospital yesterday, it seem I had a dry socket (what ever that is) and an infection, so now on antibiotics :x still in pain and discovered the tooth next to the one taken out is now loose :x and that is where the pain is coming from :x feckin' hospitals. Oh yes, and I have to be up at 6am tomorrow to get train and bus (as I am not allowed to drive back it seems) to another hospital for an op on my right eye :x I hope they don't cock that one up :x

So I am getting further behind :|

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Doc why did you go to the hospital and not find a competent dentist ?
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Guys is a teaching hospital and is far better equipped than a dentist. It has a student training scheme you can sign into and get your work done free of charge (not even NHS charges) overseen by a consultant. They also run a dental A&E, again obviously FOC.

When this problem started last year as an infection I was told of this so signed up for it, saved me over £500 so far :grin:

Most of the morning waiting, then 30 mins today at Moorfields at Darenth Hospital under a local having the back of my eye scraped :shock: Big eye patch that I can take off tomorrow.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Sounds like been in the wars Doc. Get well soon!

Alfi
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

It's free because they let the students practice on you. However would agree dentists are a lottery and vary greatly in equipment levels. Found one that has top facilities and is up to date but it is part of a large company. Just had my implant today - bloody expensive but hopefully worth it and have to wait 8 weeks before crown can be fitted. Treatment NHS won't do because they consider it cosmetic, yet hospitals do all sorts of more cosmetic and lifestyle treatments for free. Result of tooth problem caused by NHS treatment by another drill happy dentist.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The work has been good my luck has been bad, and my circumstances due to my other medication. The tooth was badly cracked which they didn't know when they started the root canal. So aborted and an extraction booked for the following week. It was a really tough old tooth and need a JCB to extract it :lol: and it developed a dry socket the week after which I had to go back to be cleaned and restart the healing. This all would have happened at a dentist, and each time at the hospital they worked slowly being supervised all the time on the best and most modern equip available - very happy with the service, just don't like all my time in different hospitals.

AshM750.
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AshM750. »

Get well soon Doc, I may need you to build me somthing in the near future :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I will just be slow as I am working with one eye at the moment and I have lost 3 days work time in hospital trips, so just all be patient if you are waiting for gear.