Loving NVA LS6

All things NVA
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Loving NVA LS6

Unread post by selby »

I've posted this into the review thread but thought I'd post again so people can comment as the review thread is just that, for reviews.

LS6

Short Review – fucking amazing

Longer review (to be added to after more listening) – So 2m of LS6 arrived in the post today, before I dived in and swapped them over with the existing LS1 I thought I'd listen to a few tracks.

The tracks I selected are:

Goldberg Variations: BWV 988
Requiem Op.48: Pie Jesu
Vide Cor Meum - Hannibal
John Martyn – Solid Air
Karl Jenkins - Stabat Mater: Ave verum
Yo-Yo Ma PLays Ennio Morricone - The Mission - Gabriels Oboe
Joni Mitchell - At last
Sinatra at the sands - One for my baby
Kavinsky Outrun - Nightcall & Roadgame

Real mix of music and all tracks I enjoy to listen to no matter how many times I hear them. It sounded ok, easy on the ears, clear sound, basically nothing wrong with it. I then installed the LS6 and played the same list of tracks, unfortunately the first 3 tracks got slightly ruined by my neighbour mowing the lawn and their annoying dog barking, peace was returned for John Martyn and 'HOLY MOTHER OF FUCKING CHRIST' these cables are injecting magic into the sound.

I've always loved John Martyn's deep voice, it almost sucks you in but with LS6 it wraps itself around you and gives you a big hug. Yo-Yo Ma was more controlled, clearer, I could simply hear more detail. At this point I thought that I was just experiencing this because in my head I knew they were new and expensive so therefore I must find them amazing, basically justifying them to myself. But I then had to have a 5min break as the Waitrose food delivery arrived, I eagerly returned to listen to the final four tracks, Joni Mitchell was simply beautiful...I always find her voice moving but my brain was struggling to make sense of what I was now hearing. I've never heard Sinatra sound so good, he always makes me happy and want to pour myself a big Makers Mark over ice, even more so now. So finally Kavinsky and two tracks, now I know these tracks are a little weird to bring into the mix as they are electronica 80's film style tunes, but I've listened to this album in the car on replay now for 3 days so I thought I knew both tunes. How wrong could I be...LS6 was bringing new beats, new rhythms and a new sense of pace, I only wished I could get that sound in my car.

When the last track finished playing I actually took a deep breath, seriously, I took a deep breath. I was shocked. But then something hit me, I was still just using the JPW Monitor Gold and not the amazing Loth-x BS1 (just bought them) and even more importantly I'm currently using my girlfriends awful Denon Integrated. I simply can't calculate in my mind how amazing those tracks will sound when I install the Loth-x BS1 speakers but even more so when I get my hands on a NVA amplifier.

LS1 will be up for sale later, they are still amazing cables for the money but LS6 really is a game changer and I can't wait to continue my hi-fi journey now.

If you're considering LS6, stop thinking about it and buy some it's epic!
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

jammy395

Re: Loving NVA LS6

Unread post by jammy395 »

Yup LS6 they're a bit special - Like you've just had yer system windows cleaned...!!! :dance:

selby

Unread post by selby »

This cable just keeps giving...

Every track I listen to now since installing LS6 is like hearing the track for the first time.

Just playing some José González and in one track 'This is how we walk on the moon' I'm actually hearing detail that I've never heard before. This messed with my head a little so I stuck some old QED Silver Anniversary back in, you cannot hear a particular rhythm thats subtle in the background with the QED, so LS6 really is like listening to music again for the first time and it's rather lovely.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

My Business

orbscure

Unread post by orbscure »

+1 for me too... whether anybody believes me or not, they either took a week to settle in to my system or for me to get used to them... but now they are simply awesome... simple as that! Cheers Doc :guiness;
Power: Restek MAMP monoblocks
PreAmp: Densen DM20
CDP: Sony SCD-555ES
DAC: M2Tech Young & Palmer PSU
Speakers: JBL4311 studio monitors
Streaming: Bespoke Korus server
Cabling: Belden 9497 speaker cable & NVA SSP interconnects

selby

Unread post by selby »

Been listening to London Grammar If You Wait album via Tidal, MacBook Pro, M2Tech, AP70, LS6, JPW Monitor Gold and the sound is beautiful.

The LS6 amazed me before when connected to my missus Denon M38 Micro system, but connected to the AP70 it creates something I haven't heard before...space. I'm not good at explaining sound, but there is now a real depth and a feeling of space between instruments and singer. I'm restoring some Loth X speakers which to me are some of the most 3D speakers I've ever heard, so god knows how good it will sound when they are in the system.

Only big weak link at the moment is the 3.5mm to RCA cable I have...need to get an NVA version.

My Business

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Aye Selby LS6 is a bit nice eh. :dance: