Cube 1 Mk 1.5

All things NVA
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Cube 1 Mk 1.5

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I like the stools as stands :D
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

kazam wrote:A quick update on these. I've had them in place for a while now and they've truly won me over. Some thoughts-

More and improved musical information

Pronounced and 'projected' image

Seamless and natural driver integration

Very impressive scale of sound, from what is a relatively small enclosure

I can now unreservedly state that these are my favourite speakers and I will be selling my PMCs. The current Cube 1s would therefore seem to offer real value for money and I would suggest that you should all try to give them a good listen.

The improvements in sound to me suggest that some thing was amiss previously. I believe that the Doc tweaked the minimal crossover in addition to fitting the mk2 doped mid bass drivers.

Cosmetically they've had a tidy too, I've got new grilles all round and these have helped to finish the aesthetics off nicely. Sincere thanks for your work on these Doc, they are quite simply amazing!

Pics to follow..
I think you get spoilt quite quickly with these speakers. I recently put my Epos ES22s - which were my main speaker for quite some time and I enjoyed a lot of music through them - back in the system. Compared with the Cubix, the sound was 'disjointed': instruments didn't have the character they had on the Cubix and the sound was very two dimensional. I could maybe have fiddled with speaker positioning to improve this but, for my ears, my old KLHs - which I also tried again - sound more 'together', although in need of a good deal of musical 'window washing'.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

kazam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kazam »

Macca, no not bespoke, although Hi Fi Racks do offer a custom sizing option. They are from the Podium Reference range and I do still like the look of them. I would be very wary of trying to promote them on sound grounds however and I do have two tiers that have split quite significantly. The modular form is useful, although I'm sure someone handy could build something equally good for considerably less.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Buy a saw and a ruler, and learn how to make a Dovetail Joint (no not that sort :mrgreen: :obscene-smokingweed: :obscene-smokingjoint: )

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

That is what I did. Wood is surprisingly cheap.

joe

Unread post by joe »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Buy a saw and a ruler, and learn how to make a Dovetail Joint
Whilst looking through a glass onion.