psu's

All things NVA
spacejay
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

psu's

Unread post by spacejay »

doc,i read somewhere here (can't find where exactly) that you can make psu's for anything. well i am after something for my dac, thing is i want a box that has 2 different voltage outputs - 5v and 12v (i think, obviously will check if this is a goer). is your standard psu tweakable to supply this from the one box?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: psu's

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Yes, it is a split rail dual supply box which for Phono 2 is set in the Phono 2 by the regulator PCB to 20v 0 20v. Are there regulators in the recipient unit and what max voltage from the PSU are they expecting to regulate. Or is it relying on external regulation and just those voltages.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Is that simiar to the PSU for the defunct TFS - that had (if I remember correctly) what looked like to power supplies/two transformers in the same box? (Still fiddling with my PSU for the Pie).
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

That was bigger and more expensive as it was a Statement product, a single transformer standard PSU can be configured, but accurate information is required.

spacejay
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by spacejay »

the diy psu i have just supplies those voltages, here is a link to the psu that they offer (i don't have that psu though), which has a small table showing the voltages needed and power consumption for the modules- the 12v powers the dac modules/ mainboard and the 5v powers the usb to i2s

http://www.dddac.com/dddac1794_power_supplies.html