My new workroom

All things NVA
brit-pop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: My new workroom

Unread post by brit-pop »

Trypophobia perhaps? A fear of holes/circles in a group.

It's a kind of OCD, be careful if you Google it in case as some of the images may cause mental scarring.

OCD can be a strange thing.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have rebuilt a pair of Royd Envoys that had a fried bass driver. Some Doc Mods and Cube type bass drivers, I have had to do lots of doping adjustment to match that tweeter, which is a sharp bitch :x I even had to dope the tweeter in the end - that is a first, but it really worked they are singing on Ella and Louis at the moment. I have them working omni at the moment as I wait for the dope to dry. Not full Doc Mods, I have left them as Royd as possible. Though they are not ported anymore as it would have been far too much faffing to adjust the port to match the new drivers.

As you can tell I have my dem system up and running and I had to get some speakers going for it.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

If those are the same Envoys I bought from you. I just didn't get on with them at the time!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Tracy Chapman also high in the workroom charts it seems. Novel way to position speakers - don't let the AOS goons see it or they'll turn it into the next innovative fashion. :grin:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

southall-1998 wrote:If those are the same Envoys I bought from you. I just didn't get on with them at the time!

S.
Yes, should never had sold them to you they needed more work.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Fretless wrote:Tracy Chapman also high in the workroom charts it seems. Novel way to position speakers - don't let the AOS goons see it or they'll turn it into the next innovative fashion. :grin:
Should have hidden the bloody case, I hate the album but her voice is useful as a lower register female voice when I am tuning frequency response.

You should try speakers like that, you would be in for surprise. Though cables make it difficult.

AshM750.
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AshM750. »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Fretless wrote:Tracy Chapman also high in the workroom charts it seems. Novel way to position speakers - don't let the AOS goons see it or they'll turn it into the next innovative fashion. :grin:
Should have hidden the bloody case, I hate the album but her voice is useful as a lower register girls voice when I am tuning frequency response.
I used to think Tracy Chapmen was a man when I first heard her :oops:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I have rebuilt a pair of Royd Envoys that had a fried bass driver. Some Doc Mods and Cube type bass drivers, I have had to do lots of doping adjustment to match that tweeter, which is a sharp bitch :x I even had to dope the tweeter in the end - that is a first, but it really worked they are singing on Ella and Louis at the moment. I have them working omni at the moment as I wait for the dope to dry. Not full Doc Mods, I have left them as Royd as possible. Though they are not ported anymore as it would have been far too much faffing to adjust the port to match the new drivers.

As you can tell I have my dem system up and running and I had to get some speakers going for it.

Exactly how I have orientated my AP2's Doc! After experimentation, they simply presented music more to my liking laid on their side.

Are the tweeters inside or outside with yours Doc? I have my tweeters on the inside - not tried them the other way around yet as they seem so good to me as they are now.

Alfi
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

AshM750. wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Should have hidden the bloody case, I hate the album but her voice is useful as a lower register girls voice when I am tuning frequency response.
I used to think Tracy Chapmen was a man when I first heard her :oops:
+1 :oops:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Alfi wrote:
Exactly how I have orientated my AP2's Doc! After experimentation, they simply presented music more to my liking laid on their side.

Are the tweeters inside or outside with yours Doc? I have my tweeters on the inside - not tried them the other way around yet as they seem so good to me as they are now.

Alfi
That's a WEIRD effect - just tried it with my Doc-mod Mission 760's and it reminds me a little bit of the one time I heard Cubes.
Off to experiment further.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450