TIS

All things NVA
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TIS

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hi Folks / Doc ...........
Would be intrested to hear anyones thoughts on NVA TIS Interconnects.
Would like to put a set between my cd player & pre and a set between pre and headphone amp.
I currently use SC's - would the above make sense or should i be looking at a new cd player.....!!!!
But I like my Marantz..
It is quite an outlay.
etc etc etc......Any thoughts on the sub appreciated. :think:
Last edited by jammy395 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: TIS

Unread post by Sandman »

Can't add to the knowledge , but also be good to know if you are going to mix / match, maybe Jammy is thinking of a complete change, where in the system it would have the biggest impact, Source to Pre, Pre to Power if can't do all at once.
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Hadcock GH242SE Copper / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Audiolab 6000CDT > Teac UD-H01 Streamer Bluesound Node2 > Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P90SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA Forum LE mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Length of tis required ? Your love of tidy wires could be a bit of bugger . tidy wires = longer lengths . :lol:

2x 1 meter sets is £1400 .

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I bought my 70cm TIS set and also, changed SC to SSC. SC to SSC makes a fundamental change to the bass in my system - a definite 'Higher Fidelity' change and upgrade to me, but the TIS is more subtle and in my lashup I find it's the WAY I appreciate the music that's enhanced - it's not a 'HiFi' kind of difference on my stuff. The BMU is the same in this locale (I've always thought we have half-decent mains here). All I can say is that the emotional connection with the WAY voices sing and speak and instruments are played and mixed into the whole that is so beautifully improved.

Hope this helps a bit and that I'm not out on a limb again..
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Hmmmmm...nice!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Forgive me if I'm being thick....

Jammy you stated you wanted to try TIS between CD and Pre, AND between Pre- and AP10H.

Is that how you have it connected now? That is a pair running between your CD and pre, then a second pair running between pre and AP10H?

I have a P50 and an AP10H. When I wan to listen to headphones I unplug the pair running from the CD to the P50 and re-attach to the AP10H.

Is there a better way. That is connecting the CD to the P50, then on to the AP10H?
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

southall-1998
Wales

I'd love to try a 1m TIS interconnect on my headphone system. Which consists of an AP10H, Rega Planet & HD650.

I better start cutting down on the takeaways :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

AshM750.

Unread post by AshM750. »

What about SSP and a new cd player ???????

southall-1998
Wales

AshM750. wrote:What about SSP and a new cd player ???????
I'm a mad man :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Kim i used to run my cans straight out of my cd player Jack and the sound was crap....... :cry:
Thus i got a ap10h and i run that out of my passive preamp's tape out sounds bloody ace.
But i just thought since ive got a new NVA 3 box twin vol controled uber Beresford Bashing head amp coming soon
perhaps i would benifit from replacing my sound cords with TIS. :think:

Shane you hitting the bong........ :obscene-smokingweed: