NVA CD Player

All things NVA
kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

NVA CD Player

Unread post by kimangelis »

I am sure no new CD players are available from NVA. Does anyone have any experience of these items, and are they still available on t'Internet?
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Daniel Quinn

Re: NVA CD Player

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I have seen two come up on ebay in five years .

there are links in the archive but they wont work now .

kimangelis
Great Britain

Right, so that's a non-starter. I have been looking at CD players to replace my Rega Brio-R. Have in mind an Inca Katana which is just gorgeous, or may hold out for a transport / DAC combo. Is there so much of a difference with the latter over an integrated CD player? I do have a P50/A70 combination and can hear the difference between that and (say) an integrated P60. I would welcome opinions and advice on CD players to marry-up with the P50 / A70 / Cube 2 set-up.
Thanks in advance. :pray:
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Theres a TEAC VRDS T1 transport on the dutch equivalent of Ebay ( marktplaats.nl ) for 200 euro. Ash picked one up very recently. This one apparently was refurbished about 2 years ago.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

AshM750.

Unread post by AshM750. »

Fretless wrote:Theres a TEAC VRDS T1 transport on the dutch equivalent of Ebay ( marktplaats.nl ) for 200 euro. Ash picked one up very recently. This one apparently was refurbished about 2 years ago.
Very good transport, mine was a full refurb, fully boxed with manual and remote. Thats a bargin ;)

I have a Cyrus CDXT which i may be selling soon

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

kimangelis wrote:Right, so that's a non-starter. I have been looking at CD players to replace my Rega Brio-R. Have in mind an Inca Katana which is just gorgeous, or may hold out for a transport / DAC combo. Is there so much of a difference with the latter over an integrated CD player? I do have a P50/A70 combination and can hear the difference between that and (say) an integrated P60. I would welcome opinions and advice on CD players to marry-up with the P50 / A70 / Cube 2 set-up.
Thanks in advance. :pray:
What's wrong with the Apollo R? It's a damned fine player and should have a long reliable service life, Rega holding onto spares a lot longer than most others. If it's an early one, it might be worth asking Rega if any changes have been made to tweak it... ;)

Look, of all the CD player manufacturers out there, Rega LOVE vinyl and the way this format communicates the musical message. Musicality comes first with them, not etched 'HiFi' deeeeetails. The DAC takes the Apollo (now used as transport) further in terms of power and scale (plenty available used too as the box-swappers move on).

Oh dear, my enthusiasm for this brand takes over again. I really am trying to be un-biased, whatever some may think. the thing is, the mid price separates market is all but dead out there, the Doc's assertion regarding dealers dying out coming to pass. If you wanted to try something else, then just maybe a solid, heavy classic of yore might be fun (Pioneer PL91, Sony 777es and relatives etc.) but don't expect service if you have a laser fault. I was also partial to the Linn Karik III/Numerik III but am deeply suspicious of the 'Brilliant' smps supplies in each - a Karik on its own or replacement Ikemi probably won't better the Apollo R I fear (Ikemi does detail and lack of grain, but air and space is between the speakers, not behind and around them). SOME vintage Copland players were lovely too.

P.S. I have compared my ton-up QED Digit Opto (twin supplies and small tweaks inside) to the Rega DAC and the Rega was more 'organic' sounding, if indeed there was a difference. The QED had another slight tweak to output caps subsequently, which tamed it a touch and a T.I.S has sadly taken up residence, allowing all kinds of subtle emotional musical 'clues' through unhindered.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am not kidding, this will piss over any modern CD Player and is the one I use http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-CDP-X-70 ... 3a9e822f00 it is better than the NVA one.

For a cheaper bargain try http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-cdp-c90- ... 2eddb65ffc

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Rega CD Players are very good.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Thanks to all for your input, especially _D_S_J_R. I found your pitch very interesting.

I do like my Rega, was just wondering about moving-on-and-up. I'll do some digging. I presume I can use my existing Rega Brio as a transport with a new DAC?

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

"Look, of all the CD player manufacturers out there, Rega LOVE vinyl and the way this format communicates the musical message. Musicality comes first with them, not etched 'HiFi' deeeeetails"

You are Roy Gandy's brother and I claim my £5 . ;)

I am also sending this to private eye :grin: