BMU

All things NVA
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: BMU

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I should add that most of the dealers that gave the Doc such a terrible time in the late70's and 80's have now long gone/retired/closed whatever. Only a few Audio T's remain with the 'attitude' I think.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

And your point is ?

May I request that you try and make a point with your post instead of expecting the reader to infer what you are saying . ;)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is not so much they gave me a terrible time, it is just they were crooks, spivs and ignorant bullshitters and still are. They serve no purpose but to make money for themselves at your expense. Their claimed expertise is laughable, most of them know less than you lot. They *WERE* a necessary evil, now they serve no purpose where as pre internet it was the only way to market, the same as 30 years before that the only way was via wholesalers and then retailers. Times have changed, there is no need for *any* slurping middlemen. ALL manufacturers should directly supply their customers now via the internet, and most importantly supply those customers at the price they sold to the retailers i.e. trade, otherwise you will gain nothing, but instead of manufacturer and retailer sharing the slurp it now all goes to the manufacturers.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Daniel Quinn wrote:And your point is ?

May I request that you try and make a point with your post instead of expecting the reader to infer what you are saying . ;)
Dan I think Daves point was fukin obvious - exactly what he said. :naughty:
What part of it did you not understand..... :think:

Daniel Quinn

Are your drunk ?

what he said was a statement of fact . all dealers that pissed doc off are dead .

to which I reply - so fuckin what, do you have a point ? :grin:

jammy395

No - are you stupid ?

What Dave said was NOT a statement of fact......

And who mentioned anything about being "Dead" im sure there's quite a few dealers out there still alive, who pissed Doc off.

You infer readers would not understand Daves post.
I understood it perfectly well, perhaps other members could comment if they did not. :epop:

Daniel Quinn

If a hifi shop is closed it is ipso facto dead.

Perhaps you could explain the point dave made. Cause all I can see is a vaguely relevant fact.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

ADMIN - Enough already!! so one of you is stupid and the other is drunk, let it go at that and discuss the subject.

jammy395

Okely Dokely. :dance:

The Point Dave made was quite simply this..........
_D_S_J_R_ wrote:I should add that most of the dealers that gave the Doc such a terrible time in the late70's and 80's have now long gone/retired/closed whatever. Only a few Audio T's remain with the 'attitude' I think.
A fine and valid point imho. :epop:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Last time I looked Grahams were still trading, and other from the original onset of the flat earth bullshit.