BMU

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: BMU

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well that astounds me, as that is all it is, an extension block. But as you say, it is your ears. Do you realise that it cost less than £30 to make it !!!!

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:There are more ludicrous things, just seen this on AoS as an example https://walkeraudio.com/shop/crystal/ how can anyone buy these things.
Snake Oil for the gullible :animals-sheep:

Ever thought of producing some quality NVA snake oil Doc, it would sell well - You could be on a winner........ :shifty: :animals-dogrun:

NVA - Magic Dots, Fluff Away, Straight through fuses, Hum Buster's.......etc etc etc.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Be serious Jammy, if you think that is even a possibility then you don't know me. Though some of the obectivist ilk think my different cables are crazy as all cable sounds the same, there are differing levels of foo or snake oil peception.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Well that astounds me, as that is all it is, an extension block. But as you say, it is your ears. Do you realise that it cost less than £30 to make it !!!!
The block RA made, used to be wired with plaited Kimber wire, had a metal box and used good quality 13A sockets. At the time (1998) and 'via a dealer,' they sold for £200 - it DID help at KJ W1 who are still in the West End's New Cavendish St, as the mains there was terrible at the time. When RA took it all in-house, I don't recall the prices dropping :(

I never had a look inside one of these blocks, so have no idea if any extra filtering or 'clamping' was fitted. if it's unchanged, I'll leave it to you to think about the £500 price tag - and Russ is past retirement age now too I think :(
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

And what a nice Retirement the cnut mut be having - Made a million fleecing sheep. :animals-sheep: :animals-sheep: :animals-sheep:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Bought an estate in the Welsh hills on the proceeds. Somehow he became a flat earth guru and that is what he lives off. If asked why so expensive he will tell you it is because he puts his name on it :-?

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Doc, why are you criticising my brothers purchases again when this thread is about YOUR BMU. I don't see you having a go at other member equipment, and whether it cost £20 or £200 to make if it made an improvement so be it. I remember he originally had a Billy Vee mains extension which was bettered by Audio Works one and this was improved upon by the Russ Andrews A block. You are more than welcome to come here and listen to a bake of between the Audio works vs RA and bring along any £20 extension you care to.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

The woven Kimber cables do offer a degree of rf filtering and add capacitance to the mains feed I believe (why Kimber must be used with caution with many amplifiers and not at all with NVA or Naim). I don't think this is an issue for the BMU so as I said before it all started to go downhill, just plug the bloody thing into the BMU and get listening to some music!

OK?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Antonio you are not being picked on, hi-fi rip-offs are being picked on. ANYONE of our members who bought one of these would get the same comment from me because I know how much things cost. Throughout the archive you will see us campaigning against the rip-offs in this industry and those that perpetrate them and Russ Andrews is one of the worst offenders. You or your bruv buy what you want, hear what you want, make any choice that you want, but I will also have the freedom to comment FROM KNOWLEDGE!

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

I really wish you could see the dCS Rossini my brother has just purchased, something you said would cost the same as your TIS to produce, I think not. The fit and finish are immaculate, the transport mechanism is as smooth as a baby's bum, and the sound phenomenal.