Double Insulated

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Double Insulated

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Once again I am seeing ignorance or deliberate misinformation about NVA products. I quote below.

Double insulated or class 2 electrical appliances are products that have been designed in a way so as not to require a safety connection to electrical earth (These products must NOT have a safety connection to Earth).

These products are required to prevent any failure from resulting in dangerous voltage levels becoming exposed causing a shock etc. This must be done without the aid of an earthed metal casing. Ways of achieving this include double layers of insulating material or reinforced insulation protecting any live parts of the fitting.

There are also strict requirements relating to the maximum insulation resistance and leakage to any functional earth or signal connections of such appliances. Products of this type are required to be labelled "Class II", "double insulated" or bear the double insulation symbol.

From website http://www.double-insulated.com/

This is a FAR SAFER way to build consumer electronic products and I am noticing other major manufacturers following my lead the latest being Rega.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Double Insulated

Unread post by Classicrock »

Everything apart from hi-fi is Class 2 double insulated now. Mowers TV's - anything I have purchased over the last few years. Safety and easy compatibility with all types of mains worldwide. It's only the hi-fi industry that cling to this. Some Japanese products going back 20 to 25 years have 2 core connectors - Have a Rotel Amp and Denon Universal player that use 2 core connection. I suppose the only product that can't be double insulated is valve technology?
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

This is typical of the crap that floats around the forums about me. Just because *I* (NVA) does it this way and other manufactures don't in their ignorance, then *I* must be wrong :roll: