What the feck do people expect!!!!!!!

All things NVA
istari_knight
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What the feck do people expect!!!!!!!

Unread post by istari_knight »

Infuriating :angry-screaming:

Care to share the muppets eBay username [via PM if nessecary] so I can add him to my blocked buyer list ? http://cgi1.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... blocklogin

eBay has always had its fair share of idiots but its gotten considerably worse this past 24 months, I've had many problem buyers and recently a couple of problem sellers. Fingers crossed that they remove the negative from your feedback but not the end of the world if not, you can reply to it as stated by someone else... A little context can make them look rather foolish although difficult in less than 80 characters ! Also, negatives only count towards your overall % for 12 months, after which it will return to 100% IME.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

mooner23

The reply option seems to have been removed from feedback in the latest mods.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:mooner23

The reply option seems to have been removed from feedback in the latest mods.
Select Community and then Feedback Forum. Option is listed on right of page.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Done, thanks.

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Don't fret. You've got a few positves coming to keep the universe in balance

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

For a few years, I built up a clock collection. Nothing fancy, just mid 20th century striking and chiming clocks nobody wants now :( I've had some sent to me with a thin film of bubble wrap in a thin cardboard box and absolutely fine on arrival, yet other, really well packed examples have arrived with smashed glass fronts. One very telling example was a Garrard triple-chime clock I wanted repairing. These had a lovely tone rather richer than the sometimes strident 'Smiths/Enfield' types and instead of a pendulum, they used a home-made balance escapement, so they 'tick' quietly, rather like a watch. This thing was beautifully restored (Garrard springs are strong and these clocks will power their way through thick and thin, going so reliably for decades that the pivots dry out and the holes wear, needing re-bushing), packed up in plenty of layers of bubble-wrap and double boxed to boot, with another layer of padding between the boxes and STILL came back with a broken glass! Fortunately, different sizes of curved glass is available, bevelled edges or not and the bezel was easily fixed, but still...

The BMU is heavy and I have the cardboard box of the loan one to show how these boxes can be thrown around with no regard for the contents. In fact, the Doc and I were surprised the loan one hadn't been broken or at least the transformer dislodged, but fortunately, apart from some scuffs on one of the shiny 13A socket trims, it's fine and works great, quietening down after a few minutes use.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Shipping anything ,it seems to me,is pot luck.I have used interparcel for years with no troubles,but it only takes one worker to have a gripe,wages,hours,wife,etc to hit the shit out of your parcel however well you pack it..
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

istari_knight wrote:Infuriating :angry-screaming:

Care to share the muppets eBay username [via PM if nessecary] so I can add him to my blocked buyer list ? http://cgi1.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... blocklogin

eBay has always had its fair share of idiots but its gotten considerably worse this past 24 months, I've had many problem buyers and recently a couple of problem sellers. Fingers crossed that they remove the negative from your feedback but not the end of the world if not, you can reply to it as stated by someone else... A little context can make them look rather foolish although difficult in less than 80 characters ! Also, negatives only count towards your overall % for 12 months, after which it will return to 100% IME.
I was also going to ask that so I could add the dickhead to my blocked list too! :evil:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

AshM750.

Unread post by AshM750. »

I can't believe what he wrote on your feedback, what an asshole. There are far too many dishonest people out there and I got a story for you all.

I hope this makes sense.

I am a motorcyclist and was looking for a helmet camera on Gumtree. I found the one I wanted and messaged the guy with an offer (£250). He rang me later that night and said he will have a think, and hour later he rang me again and said he was happy to proceed and the he would post it aswell. He text me his paypal email and everything was OK, I proceed with the payment and everything was great, he messaged to to say he got the money and said he will send it the next day.

Two days later, I was messaging him to see if he sent it and got no reply, tried to ring him but still nothing.

Five days later, I opened a dispute on paypal and put a note on there saying I want my money back for the Gopro camera and he replied he sold a quadbike not a camera.

At that moment I knew I had been scammed, some random guy put a fake advert for the camera with a fake number on Gumtree. When I paid him I wasn't paying him I was paying someone else for a quadbike, so the camera guy went and picked up the quadbike I paid for, I lost £250 and someone else lost a quadbike, The camera guy has just gained a free quadbike.

I went to the police and paypal did give me my money back but it shows you can't trust anyone.

BadgerBeerIsBest
Great Britain

Unread post by BadgerBeerIsBest »

Hi Doc

Kind of like feeling a bit guilty :oops: here Doc in buying the rebuilt one at a reduced price, feel like I have added to your woes.
Will buy some more TIS interconnects as way of compensation, so impressed with the digital one I bought earlier. :)
Badger
Don't gas my Badger........it's not Lager..!