What the feck do people expect!!!!!!!

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

What the feck do people expect!!!!!!!

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I sold a BMU, I built it and shipped it, it arrived damaged with a crack in the back panel, he brought it back to me and I checked it and refitted the transformer. I gave him a £200 discount and he went away happy. The following day without using it he changed his mind and said he was returning it by carrier. I told him either bring it or hold it for few days for the glue to set. He sent it, it arrrived completely smashed and a write off including the transformer. I had already put in an insurance claim to cover all costs from the original damage so couldn't claim again. He had to claim on the insurance for the outstanding £200 for the return damage, when I told him he ignored me and made an Ebay claim. I told Ebay the full story and said I was unclear if he should get a full refund or not and said I would leave it to their arbitration. They found in his favour and refunded him the full £500.

So be it. In things like this Ebay tend to find in favour of the customer, but to add insult to injury he has now left me negative feedback. I am £200 out of pocket plus a lot of time and to get a neg on top of this with what seems to be a claim I was trying to avoid refunding him is seriously pissing me off :x

Fretless
Netherlands

Re: What the feck do people expect!!!!!!!

Unread post by Fretless »

Nasty one, Doc. PITA stuff.

One rule in life that I am constantly reminded that I mustn't forget is: 'Never underestimate other people's stupidity.'

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

AshM750.
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AshM750. »

What an absolute wa*@er, what goes around comes around :x

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

Other than the odd purchase usually from business sellers I'veI've practically given up on eBay for selling stuff.

Too many chancers on there made me take very dim view of human nature

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

It's quite obvious to me that you should visit the nastiest grog shop in town, talk to the gangster looking type with the scars and tats (usually sitting in the shady alcove) and arrange a hit on the dog for a nominal fee.
:violence-sniperprone: .

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

What a barsterd,just goes to show it just takes one TWAT for you to loose your much valued 100% feedback rating. :angry-screaming: What a pain in the arse.I wondered what happened when i saw it on the bay. Like i said you need a Holiday...
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I read this as you have a smashed bmu , he as full refund , plus an additional £200!!!

Also , i don't care what ebay say , posting back early contrary to instruction is negligent .

Sue him. I will do it with you via email , the only thing you need to do if it goes all the way is attend your local county court for a hour or so on the hearing date , if you are busy you can send DSJR as NVA legal officer :lol:

ps - i wouldnt worry about the feedback , in context of the rest it is meaningless . dont you get the oppertunity to respond ?

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Doc. Given he's had a full refund from ebay of £500.00, you are entitled to the original £200 he accepted as the unit arrived cracked.

That way, no-one is out of pocket, although your time and energy has gone down the pan.

What concerns me more, is that given the NVA BMU is hardly a mainstream product, the BMU purchaser is presumably familiar with the NVA ethos and the fact you 'always do the right thing'. Certainly you have done by me.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The two hundred I "was going to" refund him was part of the £300 insurance claim, which was the original damage. I hadn't given it to him, the refund would have been via Paypal and Ebay. He claimed the full £500 from Ebay, my insurance claim is £300, so I am £200 out of pocket plus neg feedback.

You can complain against the feedback and I have done it, so we will see.

AshM750.

Unread post by AshM750. »

Dont worry Doc ive got some seriously good feedback to leave for you, I thinks its for 6 items :grin: