Will I notice the difference ?

All things NVA
AshM750.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Will I notice the difference ?

Unread post by AshM750. »

Ok everyone, moving on from my A40s Burn in thread. I have now taken everybodys advice and upgraded (spent my savings) from SSC to SSP, LS1 to LS6 and P50 to P50sa. I simply cannot wait to get these through the post (please take your time building Doc), so I am asking the question will I notice the difference ? What shall I expect ? Surely It cant get much better than what it is ! Can it ?

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Will I notice the difference ?

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

You have an option to return if not happy, so sit back patiently if you can and look forward to it :)

In my experiences over the last nine months or so, SOME differences in NVA products (cables I think) are fundamental to the increased emotional connection with the music (SC to SSC - haven't tried the SSPmk2 - and I suspect some of the speaker cables too, but other product upgrades just creep up on you to the point where you just can't go backwards after a while. The TIS is like this and I've bought my 75cm one! Same with the LS5 as it's so good with everything I've used it with. Once the cables are sussed and sorted, the differences in the 'gear' are as much to do with image 'size' and 'scale' as anything else, as the amp circuit board is the same for all models.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

walterwhite
Wales

Unread post by walterwhite »

LS3 to LS6 was a very worthwhile step up for me. Bigger, fatter, faster. More bass weight and tunefulness plus better controlled, smoother treble. Never heard LS1.
Bi-amped A80's, P90sa, LS6, AP10h, Phono2/2 PSU's, BMU, SSC, SSP2, Raspberry pi/Durio Sound Dacs, Rega RP6/Dynavector 10x5, Royd RR2.

nerica19

Unread post by nerica19 »

Yes, you will.

I cut to the chase a while back jumped straight in with an upgrade from fairly cooking cables to LS6 and SSP throughout and it was a whole step forward for my system and gets better both as it runs more and with each NVA piece I add (most recently and most significantly Phono 2). You'll both hear a difference and think you hear a difference, which are not always the same thing, but either, or ideally both, will keep you happy I'm sure.
AMPs: NVA P50 + NVA A60 / Alner Hamblin SP400 Passive Pre + Alner Hamblin SA400 x 2 bridged Digital: Musical Fidelity KW DM25 Transport + KW DM25 DAC / Meridian 200 Transport + Heed DAC / PC to Arcam irDAC via USB Analogue: upgraded Rega RP3+PSU + Exact MM + NVA Phono 2 & 2nd PSU Speakers: Royd Apex + Carver Amazing Platinum IVs + QTA HK10 (on Partingtons) + KEF 105/3 - all LS6 Cans: Grado SR225e (+NVA AP10H) Interconnects: all NVA SSP & SSC + Power Inspired AG1500

AshM750.

Thanks guys, I have read the reviews on the cables and I am looking forward to comparing. I took the day off today to do some decorating but I have found that I am not decorating but actually listening to these fine sounding A40s through my Minstrels, I am really enjoying my music now (no fatuige like the Naim). I am more excited to find out what my turntable will sound like, which I havnt tried yet.
I supose that my system will eventually become NVA, I will need to save again as I need a decent phono stage. I cannot explain how nice this equipment is !

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

NVA audio - the best thing since sliced bread. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

AshM750.

Fretless wrote:NVA audio - the best thing since sliced bread. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Im begining to believe you Fretless, the amps really opened up today, things can only get better. ;)

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I would say not to excitedly change everything over and sit back expecting the world to have changed. It will have, but you need to just let everything do it's thing for a while. These things grow on you and you'll notice how much more you connect with the music emotionally. If you want the BIG shock try going back to what you had before after a couple of weeks! :grin:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

zebbo wrote:I would say not to excitedly change everything over and sit back expecting the world to have changed. It will have, but you need to just let everything do it's thing for a while. These things grow on you and you'll notice how much more you connect with the music emotionally. If you want the BIG shock try going back to what you had before after a couple of weeks! :grin:
+1
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

AshM750.

zebbo wrote:I would say not to excitedly change everything over and sit back expecting the world to have changed. It will have, but you need to just let everything do it's thing for a while. These things grow on you and you'll notice how much more you connect with the music emotionally. If you want the BIG shock try going back to what you had before after a couple of weeks! :grin:
I wish I could but I sold the Naim today (all I can say is, im happy), I will keep the PS50 and LS1s for a couple of weeks and compare them before I send them back, the Mrs is getting a bit annoyed because all I talk about is the NVA now :lol: