NVA KIT SUGGESTIONS>

All things NVA
oldcameraman3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NVA KIT SUGGESTIONS>

Unread post by oldcameraman3 »

Amp on order- A30 Mk1 mainly for good discounted price as an entry.Next I need a pre amp 50,90,or 50s a which will give me a good start,please no suggestions to go the whole hog and spent thousands I am constrained by my pension.I have Linn Keilidh and Audiomaster LS 3/5a stand mounts and play a lot of vinyl and cd, occasionally radio.Planar 3 deck with MP110,Cambridge 640P phono amp and Azure340 cd.Also a Denon tuner which is fine until I am forced to go DAB.My present kit is a Toshiba Aurex complete 15system, :doh: cassette deck included!It has been good for over 30 years but the pre amp has a fault which £150 worth of repairs has not cured.I intend to use the power amp to run sets of speakers around the house or I could try it as a bi-amp with the NVA.Have ordered speaker cables and also have a valid set already installed-Cable Talk 3 which have been good.Music wise Jazz,Joni Mitchell and similar,Portishead,Dylan and lots more even some of my sons rejects.So suggestions welcome.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: NVA KIT SUGGESTIONS>

Unread post by terrybooth »

My suggestions:
Don't biamp nva aurex.
If the a 30 is not yet made, ask if an attenuator can be added and for cost. (May not be space in the box).
P50 and sound cord will get you started and keep you going a good long while.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Well, you're on the slippery slope, take a look at my signature and see where it got me! :lol:
Don't think I'd mix amps in the system.
I went for the stepped attenuator pre, (P90sa), and preferred it to my 1500 Music First at the time so I guess the P50sa would be equally impressive.
Next up, if you listen to a lot of vinyl I would say try one of the NVA phono stages. I went through loads of the notable "favourites" but the NVA, (Phono 2 + PSU), was like a breath of fresh air in comparison and cheaper than a lot of them, heartily recommended.
I owned some Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a's and really quite liked them, but only when really giving them some stick. With the volume down they just go flat and dull. The Cubes, although they didn't replace the LS3/5a's, are in another league too.
I was quite a severe box-swapper but no more, (apart from tinkering with my TT :grin: ).
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

oldcameraman3

Unread post by oldcameraman3 »

Twice now advised to forget the Aurex might be getting the hint,they still fetch money on E Bay,sentimental attachments may have to be put aside.When I sold the radio and tv side of my business many years ago the lot taking over were not audio orientated and didn't want it so rather than give it away I kept it and the Audiomaster monitors.But I will keep the Audio masters as having heard Rogers and others they are to my taste the best.Good even at moderate volume and very suited to Jazz but I have high hopes for an improved performance with the right set up.Phono stage will have to wait till I sell a few more of my antique cameras.Thanks for the input so far,I dare say there will be a lot more.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Post removed due to bullying!
Last edited by _D_S_J_R_ on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:Sorry. You've used Keilidh's for some time now, so you and your room may be fine with the balance they offer, in which case any NVA amp will drive the load ok, but PLEASE look at some Ninka's should they ever come up - much better balance when passively driven in my experience of selling these and also using Keilidh's at home and easy to convert for bi-amp and active use later..
:evil: FFS give it a rest .

Vis-a-vis your 1st paragraph - He as a 640p phono amp .

And

Why are you sorry !!!! , mr camerman appears to be have perfectly happy with his hifi for 20+ years and is tentively dipping his toe in the shark infested hifi waters out of necessity . What is the point of your post ?

"didnt much like the keldishs when i heared them preferred the ninka's, if you get the oppertunity give them a listen " would suffice .

p.s I am most unhappy , you have made angry dq surface on H/S , i try to save that for pfm ;)
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

On a tight budget Cameraman........The humble Sound Cords.
Piss on interconnects 10 times the price.
:dance:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Daniel Quinn wrote:
_D_S_J_R_ wrote:Sorry. You've used Keilidh's for some time now, so you and your room may be fine with the balance they offer, in which case any NVA amp will drive the load ok, but PLEASE look at some Ninka's should they ever come up - much better balance when passively driven in my experience of selling these and also using Keilidh's at home and easy to convert for bi-amp and active use later..
:evil: FFS give it a rest .

Vis-a-vis your 1st paragraph - He as a 640p phono amp .

And

Why are you sorry !!!! , mr camerman appears to be have perfectly happy with his hifi for 20+ years and is tentively dipping his toe in the shark infested hifi waters out of necessity . What is the point of your post ?

"didnt much the keldishs when i heared them preferred the ninka's, if you get the oppertunity give them a listen " would suffice .

p.s I am most unhappy , you have made angry dq surface on H/S , i try to save that for pfm ;)
We are all different, especially the way we post. Dave knows now how he can sometimes come across and he is trying to change it so give him some rope. I only see a small reflection of his old self in his post so I think your criticism is over the top this time (a bit like me equating Marco with AK47 carrying terrorists :roll: ).

So cool it the pair of you, I know both of you and it is just a personality glitch.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:Post removed due to bullying!
No need to and it stands in the copied post anyway. Go have a snooze, have a cup of tea, build some amps and phono stages :mrgreen: You have a personality glitch with DQ. In reality you are both fine people as I have met you both, don't let it escalate.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Doc, Ban both of the Pricks now..................They will only be trouble in 2015.

:lol: :dance: :lol: :dance: :guiness; :whistle: