NVA SuperSoundCord (SSC) Interconnects.

All things NVA
brit-pop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NVA SuperSoundCord (SSC) Interconnects.

Unread post by brit-pop »

And here I was thinking a predilection for the Bolivian marching powder was essential to get ahead in either financial services or legal professions.... :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

believe you me , I never got ahead :grin:

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Your choice of drug is a political choice - according to Danny the Dealer from Withnail and I, anyway....

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Macca wrote:
Fretless wrote:... Just to see if it sounds even worse. :lol:

It sounds very bad on some systems because they have been voiced to make some snooze-fest like The Blue Nile sound exciting. Try it on a smooth, low distortion system that can do low bass properly and you will hear it as it was intended. if your system is already like that and it still sounds shit then I can't help you :)
The properly remastered Linn era Blue Nile CD's are absolutely awesome and I HAVE heard original two track master tapes of many Blue Nile tracks from both albums, played on the machine that did the original vinyl cuts. Not boring at all, but incredibly beautiful ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

The production may be be beautiful but the content is zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

For me anyway I suppose you could say the same about latter period Steely Dan

My point is there is way too much playing stuff because the production is good rather than because the music is something special. Particularly those sparse but lush productions i.e those with just a few instruments playing at once. see also: plinky-plonky jazz. Can't recall the last time I was in a dealers when they wern't playing plinky-plonky jazz. if you pullled out Metallica's Death Magnetic and asked for a listen to that they'd kick you out the shop.

And avoiding certain albums because you know they will sound shit on your system and blaming it on the production when it is actually the system. Everyone does it/has done it at some time.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Oh I dunno... I used to very much enjoy the different musical tastes of clients who came in for dems - and we rarely had the same boring stuff all the time. My record and CD collection is testament to this I think.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...