Trade Ins

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Trade Ins

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Roy - Even cable lengths are not important.

I have listed what I have available. But to repeat

LS3 - I have two 3m sets, and an odd set which is 2m+ one side and 3m+ the other

LS1 - I have 2 x 2m sets and 1 x 3.5m set.

NVA speaker cables are flexible. It is only SSP interconnect that is semi-rigid.

Roy Lewis
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Roy Lewis »

Opps I sent the above without checking previous answers, after struggling with log in problems. Anyway I presume a 3m set of LS3 are £84, what about the set of 3.5M of LS1's ?

Thanks

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

70% of ebay new price. All cables checked or re-terminated when needed and as new.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0860693508

New £90 so this pair £63

Martinnj

Unread post by Martinnj »

Hi there
Just joined the forum and browsing around come across this post.
Do you have four equal lengths of LS3 speaker cable as I have a bi-amped system, Rega Mira/Maia Clamshell variety which power my Musical Technology Kestrels? It is currently connected via QED Silver Anniversary cable so I guess LS3 would be a step up.....
Recently took delivery of my first NVA Super Sound Cord enjoying trying this against my current cables!
Many thanks
Systemdek IIX/Akito - Angle Audio Phono Amp - Rega Planet CD - Apple iMac via AppleTV and Rega DAC- Rega Mira/Maia Bi-Amp (Clamshell) - Musical Technology Kestrel
Cables - Super Sound Cord, Optical; Van Den Hul Optocoupler
Speaker Cables - NVA LS5

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have what is listed in the first post of this thread.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Martinnj wrote:Hi there
Do you have four equal lengths of LS3 speaker cable as I have a bi-amped system, Rega Mira/Maia Clamshell variety which power my Musical Technology Kestrels? It is currently connected via QED Silver Anniversary cable so I guess LS3 would be a step up.....
Recently took delivery of my first NVA Super Sound Cord enjoying trying this against my current cables!
Many thanks
Kestrels and QED SA? Oh you poor, poor man!!!!!!! I know the Kestrels extremely well (hugely underpriced and that's one reason why the company failed) and had more fillings replaced by the awful SA than you could possibly imagine! ANY NVA speaker cable will outperform it, I guarantee 8-)

Red Cable Talk interconnects used to be the Advanced 3 I remember at around £35 (the other red ones were a darker 'dirty blood' hue), which is around £15 in online money. I suggest you try a different interconnect from the Planet as you'll get bass you haven't yet heard. Yes, being 'where I am,' the SC will be perfect and I recommend it heartily, but even a humble Van Damme cable from eBay will be at least as good too (the inner conductors on Advanced 3 are tiny inside - I know these things ;)).
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Martinnj

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I have what is listed in the first post of this thread.
Oops, sorry new to this forum game me!!
In your opinion the LS3 would be a significant improvement on the Qed silver, not too daft a question I hope?! :grin:
Systemdek IIX/Akito - Angle Audio Phono Amp - Rega Planet CD - Apple iMac via AppleTV and Rega DAC- Rega Mira/Maia Bi-Amp (Clamshell) - Musical Technology Kestrel
Speaker Cables - NVA LS5

Martinnj

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:
Martinnj wrote:Hi there
Many thanks
Kestrels and QED SA? Oh you poor, poor man!!!!!!! I know the Kestrels extremely well (hugely underpriced and that's one reason why the company failed) and had more fillings replaced by the awful SA than you could possibly imagine! ANY NVA speaker cable will outperform it, I guarantee 8-)

Red Cable Talk interconnects used to be the Advanced 3 I remember at around £35 (the other red ones were a darker 'dirty blood' hue), which is around £15 in online money. I suggest you try a different interconnect from the Planet as you'll get bass you haven't yet heard. Yes, being 'where I am,' the SC will be perfect and I recommend it heartily, but even a humble Van Damme cable from eBay will be at least as good too (the inner conductors on Advanced 3 are tiny inside - I know these things ;)).
Thanks I have been wondering what the cable talk cables were!
Speaker Cables - NVA LS5

selby

Unread post by selby »

I went from QED silver to LS1, it was beyond game changing so the LS3 is only going to be better.

QED is awful stuff, they clearly pay What Hi-Fi loads of money for their 4/5 review.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Martinnj wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I have what is listed in the first post of this thread.
Oops, sorry new to this forum game me!!
In your opinion the LS3 would be a significant improvement on the Qed silver, not too daft a question I hope?! :grin:
It is very rare I would chance saying night and day difference as system synergy is so important, but the QED is so bad I will chance it.