Winters coming

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Winters coming

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You can sunbath in the Costa del Sol even in Feb as long as you stay out of the wind. Surrounded by mountains it has N African weather as it is only a few miles across the Med to Melilla and Ceuta, not like the rest of Spain which can be very cold especially in Madrid.

kimangelis
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

If you want winter warmth and sunshine, the the Cabo de Gata is the spot. It's where all the Spaghetti westerns were filmed. Never gets cold there, even at night.

Lived in Barcelona for a while and fortunately had a Catalan girlfriend. The language is not too bad once you get going... almost a mix of French and Spanish. Difficulty is of course if you ask for something in Catalan, you get a torrent of a reply...
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Welder

Unread post by Welder »

kimangelis wrote:If you want winter warmth and sunshine, the the Cabo de Gata is the spot. It's where all the Spaghetti westerns were filmed. Never gets cold there, even at night.

Lived in Barcelona for a while and fortunately had a Catalan girlfriend. The language is not too bad once you get going... almost a mix of French and Spanish. Difficulty is of course if you ask for something in Catalan, you get a torrent of a reply...

I like where I am a lot. I’m not a cook in the sun beach enthusiast. I’m thirty minutes drive from the Costa Brava and this year I’ve been to the beach twice. :|
It’s just the last two winters here have been generally sunny and bright, quite warm at midday and bloody cold at night. This year so far has been a bit different.

Apparently some years we get these gale force northerly winds. Most of the year, up here in the mountains, we get a pleasant breeze from the South that blows up the valley. It makes the summer heat bearable. :)

As cities go I think Barcelona would be high on my choice list if I had to live in one. Why did you leave? I see you live in the Scottish Borders so that’s some contrast. :o
Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Welder..........Kiss my Ass.

You like the rest of us are a SLAVE TO THE RYTHEM.

FUK THE CHOOKS........... :angry-screaming:

kimangelis
Great Britain

For Welder.....

Barcelona is fine to visit. I was doing a lot of travelling at the time, so Barcelona wasn't a permanent home. My (then) girlfriend was a native Barcelonaise and liked to live close to the centre. In the summer the heat was pretty unbearable, so often opted to sleep outside. However the place was too noisy. She came back here with me for a while but couldn't settle. Shacked-up with a new pair of tights in Berlin last I heard. Don't care though, not a bit.... :-?
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

"Shacked-up with a new pair of tights in Berlin last I heard."

You mean she went the lesbian route or is this some term I have not previously heard ?

p.s . I am assuming of course you are a man .

p.s - berlin , scotland , not a difficult choice is it ;)

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Help - it' all white outside!

For the first time in 2 years we've got snow in The Netherlands. A couple of days ago it was +10C degrees at night, summer temperatures. The climate is severly screwed up at the moment. There were even hay-fever warnings this week from trees that had started with pollen.

And this from a land renowned for its' skaters.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

kimangelis
Great Britain

For DQ....

It's a Blackadder II script piece, Baldric had chopped off someone head, and Blackadder says..... 'Ha, she's probably shacked up with some new pair of tights already'.

Yes.... I'm making plans to leave Scotland now my daughter has left home. Heading south to Somerset probably where the sun always shines...... :roll:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I see , its from an age when men wore tights :lol:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

kimangelis wrote:For DQ....

It's a Blackadder II script piece, Baldric had chopped off someone head, and Blackadder says..... 'Ha, she's probably shacked up with some new pair of tights already'.

Yes.... I'm making plans to leave Scotland now my daughter has left home. Heading south to Somerset probably where the sun always shines...... :roll:
Good move,,,lovely sunny day down here ,Been listening to free music all afternoon (solar panels) Ha Ha.Plus nearly no men in tights.
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1