Website pics

All things NVA
Shevans
Great Britain

Re: Website pics

Unread post by Shevans »

Would be very interested to see what the shots are like with a white backdrop, if you do get round to buying one.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

slinger wrote:I'm going to say something now that may sound quite silly, but although reflections look lovely and very arty it does mean that your image either has to be twice the height of the piece of kit you're photographing or you're only showing said piece of kit half as big as you might without the reflections. Does that make sense?
Not to me :lol:

However , it is probably me .

Gromit
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Gromit »

Daniel Quinn wrote:This comment doesn't detract from Gromits brilliant photography or the beauty of the amps ,but moi aint keen on the ones with the power amps seemingly floating above the pre amps , sorry . Me not liking the composition .
I'm glad you've said that DQ, as the front-on photos were done to hopefully give a reason why I prefer the 'angled' pictures. It's ok for individual components (and will probably be the default for them) but for the grouped items, whilst fun, it's a bit of a no-no imho. Makes things look a bit 2-dimensional aswell.

Got the cables to get through now, although the LS7 is connecting my Sony amp to the ProAcs at the moment...ever heard the phrase 'cold dead hands?' I don't really want to un-hook it. :mrgreen:

The close-up 'arty farty' photos would be used as a website header page (or a back-drop to script) as they're pretty useless as portrayal of actual components.
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Sandman »

zebbo wrote:Really nice gromit. Not sure that any more refective surfaces will work though but give it a go, I think the satin glass emphasises the gloss black acrylic nicely.
Agree, even using something like brushed aluminium as a surface to sit the kit on reducing the reflection to even more of an abstract would be better for me, but yes have the LED lit too.

I do like the 3/4 angle of view though much better than flat on irrespective of the front/back view
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Hadcock GH242SE Copper / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Audiolab 6000CDT > Teac UD-H01 Streamer Bluesound Node2 > Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P90SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA Forum LE mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

Rick
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Rick »

Looks good.

You really need to make sure the amps are clean though. Finger marks and stuff really stand out.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Gromit you will need to try and get the statement range to pose for you - The lit up legs would be a fine challange......... :dance:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

He did the mk2's and they looked brilliant.

jammy395

Got a link Doc ?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Forgotten it, Gromit will still have a link.

jammy395

No prob's Gromit should be along shortly.