A Little NVA Company History

All things NVA
phil66
Been thanked: 0
Austria

Re: A Little NVA Company History

Unread post by phil66 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
phil66 wrote:Yes , looks like .... you´ve been bit nerved at this show ... as I remember ... :?
What does this mean.
Too many people, too many questions - no time for a good conversation .....
well its 20 years agoe, but I think there was no demonstration .... ?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

All the Heathrow shows seem like a blur to me. There was only one done with the mk1 Statements.

I am so pleased to be rid of those days, my work now is a pleasure, then it was a chore. There is only one show I would do now but I am sure they wont let me and that is Scalford.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

There is only one show I would do now but I am sure they wont let me and that is Scalford. ( Quote Doc ).

Who are "they" and why wont they let you ? :twisted: :angry-tappingfoot:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is run by Hi-Fi Wigwam, and I am persona non grata with that lot. Plus it is a user show, and I would like to attend as a user not trade. BUT obviously apart from my turntable I am a user of NVA so it would be seen as selling, and I don't blame them for that. There are times I really would like to be seen as a user and not as trade. If I could do the show that is the way I would treat it, as a user. I suppose I could try to persuade a NVA user to do it and I could attend and help, but that would still be frowned on, and would be a form of reverse shilling, so I wont.

So I will just be jealous.

phil66
Austria

Unread post by phil66 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It would be nice if this was kept in the nva family. I can't buy it or use it at the moment but it is good and no matter what he says it pisses from a great height onto a LP12 musically. Belt drive, the belt is the standard Thorens one if it need replacing.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Nice TT - Is it the original arm Doc ?.......... :think: :shifty:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It was supplied without arm but most had Manticore arms (used to be a Logic design). I had the silver version on mine called the magician I think, good arm, would still use one if it had detachable headshell.

Xenopus

Unread post by Xenopus »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Seeing as some prat called DickCon has started questioning the company at Chews - NVA thread post 9 - here is a potted history Though I must admit I wont get the dates right. It is just another episode of the problems and nonsense Chews are trying to cause me NVA and this forum.

Started 1982 in Peterborough as a sole trader. Moved to Hatley St George 1985. Became Ltd company about 1990 in partnership with a local farmer, who wanted to get out of farming. Back to sole trader when moved to Buntingford and farmer wanted out in about 1992. Ceased trading in 2000. Started trading again in 2005 in Epping. My accountant (based in Bishops Stortford) wanted to get involved in a business and out of accountancy work so we were going to become a partnership and in 2010 he set up a Ltd company for us, but he got a good deal on a farm in Poland and decided to become a farmer :? so the project fell through so he closed the company without it trading. So still sole trader - BUT watch this space as we are soon to be Ltd again as I have a partner coming into the company. This is mainly for legacy sake and to know the company and products carry on after me. This was going to be announced in a couple of weeks but I don't see why not now - so welcome Jason our admin and ace computer audio designer as partner in NVA.
Well at least you have had less up and down,s than Brain Dread, but I thought you designed amps for Tresham was it some time ago also, shame to leave that out. Did you also get involved with Magnum at one time?
All people are the same, scared, stupid, and needing care.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Tresham preceeded NVA. Before that I worked for PA:CE and before that Acoustic Research and before that Lasky's / GW Smith and co (radio) Ltd.

Never had anything to do with anything that is brain dead :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Dr Bunsen Honeydew for the post:
SteveTheShadow (Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:08 am)