Monacor SP-310CX build

A place for DIY project discussions.
Docfoster
Wales

Re: Monacor SP-310CX build

Unread post by Docfoster »

karatestu wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:32 pm Makes perfect sense. I never used to pay much attention to box shape. Winisd gives you suggested dimensions when designing a box. I think they use the golden ratio.

A cube is said by many to be one of the worst shapes for a speaker enclosure but I think RD was on to something with the cube design.

I hope you enjoy them :guiness;
I must say, I've not experimented at all with different shapes or differently proportioned cuboids.
That would actually be quite interesting to listen to for a given volume.
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers

Docfoster
Wales

Re: Monacor SP-310CX build

Unread post by Docfoster »

TheMadMick wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:54 pm ...Of course, they were immaculately finished and very expensive!
So nothing like mine then.
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers