Lead free so

A place for DIY project discussions.
NSNO2021
Great Britain

Re: Lead free so

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Cheers Dan, as my friends and family think I lost the plot a long time ago, I might pen a spoof “wow” report just for fun of it 😉 I think the style of Louis Balfour (John Thompson) in the Fast Show Jazz Club would be “Niiice”
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

TroutFisher
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by TroutFisher »

Most DIYers (being one myself) that I know and have known over the last 25 years swear by this.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/solders/ ... %3Atrue%7D

This solder has 2% silver content, is great to use being low melting point and we have found great for doing repairs or original builds. Now it is expensive, so it depends on how much work you anticipate doing in the future. Suffice to say, I am a DIYer and repairer for others and I anticipate my reel will last my lifetime. I’m a bit disappointed that it has gone from £50 to £80 within a year, however the product is absolutely the simplest and smoothest to use for soldering. There is nothing better, really.....

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Cheers TF, at my current rate, I reckon it would take me between 25 & 50 years to use that much and given I am in my my 60s I think that would be a tad optimistic on my behalf :-)
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

Ali Tait

Unread post by Ali Tait »

I’ve used WBT for the last several years and am happy with it. As long as the iron is hot it’s very easy to work with. I prefer to use a hot iron in any case to minimise heating duration.