Tools

A place for DIY project discussions.
karatestu
Great Britain

Tools

Unread post by karatestu »

Can't get enough of them. Got loads of them on the farm obviously. I can't resist buying something i don't have even if it wont get used so much.

Need a few more wood working tools as you can't do everything with a chainsaw and big hammer. :lol:
DIY FREE ZONE

Jammy Dodger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tools

Unread post by Jammy Dodger »

Good on ya Stu.......Respect.

I love me tools, i started acquiring them as a first year apprentice and now have a garage full of em, even got some i dont even know what they are used for.......but i save em just incase i need them sometime...!!!

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

I remember my grandad's workshop. Everything neatly hanging on the wall and he knew where everything was even in the dark. I have many of his tools now and my father's and great grandfathers. Best thing about family farms are they can be very much like going back in time. Plenty of storage space so nothing gets thrown out.

Might go for a go with my antique scythe today. I find it very relaxing and good exercise of course. Much better for the environment than using a powered brush cutter and quieter.
DIY FREE ZONE

Jammy Dodger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Jammy Dodger »

My mate works for Sikorski (Helicopter Mechanic) their tool kit Snap-Ons finest cost over £100,000......!!!!!
The cabinet recognises every tool in the box and if one is not replaced when you lock the cabinet the bloody thing talks to you......it tells you precisely what is missing. Wtf

Very important working in the aviation industries, he can not go home till every item is accounted for.
Cant leave a spanner in the works.

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

karatestu wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:01 am Need a few more wood working tools as you can't do everything with a chainsaw and big hammer. :lol:
Jeeeeez - finally ;][
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I'm on the lookout for a chainsaw. My Gardeline that I bought used a few years ago is BER.

Initial thoughts are to go for a used Stihl...?

Rick4001
Great Britain

Unread post by Rick4001 »

As a cabinet maker I collected a very personal range of tools, ones that felt "just right". When I left my last job I wanted to do something different so the tools were packed away and stored in the garage. Can you imagine the thoughts that went through my mind when I went to get my bike from said garage to find the door slightly open, sure enough all my tools were gone, not just the woodworking tools but a couple of boxes of mechanics tools too.
I know it was pretty stupid leaving them there but I had nowhere else to store them. Never did see anything of them again.

I did buy some new ones but some were irreplaceable. Nowadays all my tools are in the hall cupboard.
My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/modified Musical Fidelity X DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Nakamichi CA5E preamp, Passive RVC, Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp ,Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands, NVA LS5, Cambridge NP30 network player, Mogami with Neutrik RCA, Sennheiser HD650, 600, Koss Pro4 AA.