New Open Baffle Project

A place for DIY project discussions.
NSNO2021
Great Britain

Re: New Open Baffle Project

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Simon how long has it taken you to gain the experience to do what you're doing ?
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Simon Hickie wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm
The whole thing is a mass of wires and bare boards, but things should be much more presentable in a couple of weeks.
I know that feeling :lol: :lol: Can't beat a few crocodile clips :lol: :lol:
DIY FREE ZONE

Simon Hickie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

nilsatisnisioptimum wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:26 pm Simon how long has it taken you to gain the experience to do what you're doing ?
Hard to put a precise time on it. It's really been lots of bits of reading on and off over about five years including my first exposure to class D chip amps, but about two weeks of execution once it made sense in my head. I tend to spend ages in the research and planning stages before actually doing anything!

I have limited physical capabilities (long story, debilitating auto-immune disease plus complications), so have to make it count when I do get the hammer out - hence long gestation periods.

I'm off to the National Audio Show in Warwickshire shortly, so that will be quite interesting.

The new PSU has just arrived for the TPA3116 amps, so that will go in when I get back from a week in Norfolk. There's also a cheap ChiFi valve preamp on the way from Amazon (easy return if it's no good) - I just have to have a Nobsound in my system. A couple of replacement Mullard valves are also coming to replace the stock Chinese jobs. Fun times!

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Thanks Simon, I hope you enjoy the show
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables