Systemdek IIX help needed.

A place for DIY project discussions.
Quarknosis

Systemdek IIX help needed.

Unread post by Quarknosis »

After getting my Systemdek out today and it playing for about 20 minutes it slowly ground to a halt. After some obvious checks of fuses it became obvious that it needed a deeper look which after some research is pointing me in the direction of the power supply resistor. Unfortunately the marking on it is unreadable and attempting to find out online just left me confused as there seems to be differing opinions on what the value is.

So, in the hope of making things a bit easier, does anyone actually know what the value is? If not it looks like I'll have to get a few different ones and give them a try.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Systemdek IIX help needed.

Unread post by Classicrock »

The consensus on vinyl engine appears to be 220 ohm 5v. (original was 3v and one poster says that is barely adequate)

https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_f ... 7&t=108445
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Chopsaw54
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Chopsaw54 »

That will be Watts of course!

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Chopsaw54 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 am That will be Watts of course!
OOPS!
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I'm sure you have your answer there, but if confirmation is needed, check with Audio Note UK, who appear to have taken over this design and market it themselves.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Thank you all for your help, I'll order a 220 ohm resistor and fit it and see what voltage I achieve from the PSU before connecting the motor up.

The PSU in that thread is different to mine though. I have 0.82uF and 1uF Caps and the resistor was a ceramic encased type. I also noticed that there didn't seem to be any spark suppression as there was a pop through the speakers when turning the Systemdek on. :think:
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880