Line Level Crossover

A place for DIY project discussions.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Line Level Crossover

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

4 Ohms well it depends, you are being too simplistic regarding load, but everyone is the same. Reality is what happens, if an amp doesn't like the load it does both or one of two things, it takes off, motorboats, at extreme of just sounds fuzzy, especially on piano OR it gets hot i.e. it is unstable into the load. I have had nominally 4 ohm speaker be sweet and clear and the amp as cool as a cucumber and I have had others that make the heatsink almost a toaster. So it is not just ohms, we are talking about reactance which causes current to be driven out of phase with voltage, my amps hate that.

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Line Level Crossover

Unread post by karatestu »

I cant hear the peaky output above 1khz when the other drivers are working too. Just play music through the 12 inchers and nothing else and you can hear frequency output above what you would normally hear from a 12" bass driver with inductor. My ears would not call the sound peaky with just the 12 " drivers playing. And as I said at the beginning of the post when all the other drivers are used as well then there is no problem.

Saying that, I have not measured the frequency response of my speakers and I have no intention of doing so. :grin:
DIY FREE ZONE