DIY thoughts of the day

A place for DIY project discussions.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: DIY thoughts of the day

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Anyway post where you like but remember we are banned from replying to anything said there, and there is so much shit thrown at me and NVA perversly mixed with praise. I cannot understand anyone who want to support that place it is only just less worse than snakesmutshithole. Also look at the insults made to me NVA and this forum by Cartman the same person as Westies at Wigwam.

i do not understand any member supporting that place, but as I say do what you want.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Forum politics aside, I enjoy the mix of personalities there from all forums. I don't want to upset anybody at all and don't get involved in any mud slinging about anyone. Dave seems to still like it there despite any hassle he has got.

I am a diy and music nut who is only interested in the musical ability of my system and the music that comes out of it, not upsetting anyone and with a bit of light hearted banter thrown in.

I still want to contribute my DIY efforts here and will be doing so. Camera bust so cant post pics at the moment. Some more NVA based amps to build yet and speaker messing :dance:

Apologies if you are offended by me going on other forums.
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

Next up with my cd player is a "silent switcher" switch mode psu specially designed for audio applications. It has regulators on its output already so I could bypass all the regs in my cdp. No mains inside in the box as it runs from a wall wart . Simple as it gets.

Could be interesting but I am fully prepared to go back to transformer based supplies if it turns out to be worse. Would be good to get rid of transformers, EMI, rectification noise etc. Oh and the space and weight saving could also be a bonus.
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

karatestu wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:12 pm Forum politics aside, I enjoy the mix of personalities there from all forums. I don't want to upset anybody at all and don't get involved in any mud slinging about anyone. Dave seems to still like it there despite any hassle he has got.

I am a diy and music nut who is only interested in the musical ability of my system and the music that comes out of it, not upsetting anyone and with a bit of light hearted banter thrown in.

I still want to contribute my DIY efforts here and will be doing so. Camera bust so cant post pics at the moment. Some more NVA based amps to build yet and speaker messing :dance:

Apologies if you are offended by me going on other forums.
I am not offended by you going on other forums I am offended by people who support someone who is deliberately trying to damage me and us. Friends of people who make themselves our enemy etc. I see absolutely no benefit to you for being there the total opposite to being here, but you please yourself same as I will.

karatestu
Great Britain

Pictures of recent modifications. CDP anologue stage bypass. Coupling caps straight off the dac - I leg lifted, 100k added to ground and silver in Teflon wiring to the phono sockets. Loving the effect this has had (but then I always say that don't I ?).Got ride of a high order filter, output relay and two psu's.

DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

Pic of my cdp as it looks at the moment. You can see the silver signal out wiring following the old route of the anologue output stage to the cheap phono sockets in the bottom right corner. The sockets are out of a Cambridge audio amp which I junked after the psu caps leaked all over the pcb and fooked it. Glued the phono sockets onto the chipboard sheet in the usual heath robinson way.

5 psu's left (from 7) - small blue EI for the clock, toroid for the digital and a three secondary blue EI for the three dac power supply pins. Goodbye analogue stage , not missing you.

DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

Pic of my preamp :lol: Ignore all that circuitry on the green pcb, none of it is connected anymore. Signal comes from 10uf coupling cap and 100k resistor to signal 0V (at the dac) and through the little potential divider (black resistors) via the silver wiring. Ground connections soldered to a bus bar of copper wire which I just soldered across all the 0V pins on the two pairs of phono sockets. Will have to add to that when I get 2 more mono blocs built (for a six pack :guiness; ). You can see the two pairs of TIS which go to the four monoblocs I currently have. Oh and signal 0V to mains safety ground is disconnected (the floating yellow/green wire with ring on the end).

DIY FREE ZONE

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman »

I guess you don’t have any kids or animals poking around 🤪👍🏼
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

But, if a big Bluebottle landed in the wrong place it could be fun.

karatestu
Great Britain

No one allowed in that room except me and its locked :grin:

Luckily not had any insect life in that room - you got me paranoid now. Its all going to get enclosed eventually when I build my sound centre out of wood and 6mm aluminium sheet heatsinks.

Listening to Beck Odelay at the moment. First time I have played this for a while. Its a completely different recording now . Well chuffed with my efforts so far.
DIY FREE ZONE