Building a DIY amp with NVA amplifier boards

A place for DIY project discussions.
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Building a DIY amp with NVA amplifier boards

Unread post by karatestu »

Looks like i will be having a 6 pack of nva based amplification on my 3 way isobaric semi omni's. :dance:

Overkill ? Who cares, you only live once :grin:

I have enough transformers knocking about to give each channel 2 psu's. I will use the biggest transformers for the bass & mid i think although they could all do with being the same, but that what would mean buying more transformers. This sound system keeps breeding amplifiers :lol:
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

TAS thread, some good interest and compliments, but only two people so far, but one is an owner of the forum :-? Apart from that you are being studiously ignored.

I laughed at Tim's comparison between your thread and talking about fuses :lol: They may be pretending to ignore you, but they are reading it. It just shows you if Tim hasn't read it here before then it is good to get your projects out there and talked about.

karatestu
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:43 am TAS thread, some good interest and compliments, but only two people so far, but one is an owner of the forum :-? Apart from that you are being studiously ignored.

I laughed at Tim's comparison between your thread and talking about fuses :lol: They may be pretending to ignore you, but they are reading it. It just shows you if Tim hasn't read it here before then it is good to get your projects out there and talked about.
Yes, I am mostly talking to myself although there are 443 views. Tim seems like a good sort and he really enjoyed the thread over here. :grin:

I am drip feeding the content when I get chance and not going in to quite as much detail as here. There will be many posts from me and when I get up to date I will keep it topped up as things happen here. I will put it all on there - 3 way speakers, MS902S project, nva style power amps, passive pre, cables, PL71 restoration and what ever else I manage to come up with (speakers made out of hollowed out tree trunks). :ugeek:
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

Another 4 nva amp boards and output transistors arrived the other day safe and sound. Work is crazy busy at the moment and any time I have had has been spent listening to music spellbound.

I have been busy rehearsing with two bands. Got an old one back together for a festival in May SEE HERE At a local cricket club (my 8 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter will get to see daddy perform for the first time :dance: ) and we are getting paid in free beer all day (no limit) :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; . Well i have drank many under the table in my time so as soon as the performance is finished i will be on a mission.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

Done bugger all diy audio in the last few weeks.

Having a little break as i nearly burnt out with too many projects and brain turned to jeĺly.

Back with a vengeance some time soon. Busy time in the growing season, i am fooking knackered. Crops to sow, trees to chop down, lawns to renovate. I have more than one job you know.

The little spare time i have had has been spent doing the thing that all this toil has been about....listening to music
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We did wonder, it was like the Archers had gone on holiday :mrgreen:

karatestu
Great Britain

Well, yes. I tend to go in manic spurts of activity when work is quieter. One can soon burn out though especially when there is so much to learn and not enough patience :roll:

Once i have had a bit of a rest from it i will be back with a vengeance. Never get bored of it, never stop thinking about it, its just the doing bit that needs a rest. You probably dont realise how mind numbingly boring it is going up and down a field for hours on end in a tractor. Need to think about something and radio2 is complete bollocks along with radio1 and most other stations.
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Radio 4 and the world service are still good. Can you get wifi in your cab, in which case I recommend Radio Paradise and Radio Swiss Jazz.

AND there used to be an obvious art in a straight furrow, or is it now all on sat nav or summit similar. We are probably one step away from not needing you in the cab and it all being computer controlled.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Personally I would enjoy this, I love steam locos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc0QNh0P_0k

karatestu
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 pm Radio 4 and the world service are still good. Can you get wifi in your cab, in which case I recommend Radio Paradise and Radio Swiss Jazz.

AND there used to be an obvious art in a straight furrow, or is it now all on sat nav or summit similar. We are probably one step away from not needing you in the cab and it all being computer controlled.
It is mostly combined harvesters, sprayers and fertiliser spreading that is driven by satellite. Note it is combined harvester not combine harvester. The reaper and thresher were combined hence the name. I still remember as a young child riding up and down on the combined harvester with my dad. He was my hero but sadly died in 2012 - that is a very sad story. Being brought up with it, it is all you know a way of life if you please. Ploughing in a straight line is definitely an art form, hell people still have ploughing matches (snooze). Most of it is how the plough is set up and experience.

Dont think i can get wifi in the tractors. Shame. I do sometimes take a couple of cd's including glenn campbells greatest hits which reminds me of my dad as the tape was always in the john deers's we had back in the 80's. I remember listening to Steve Wright in the tractor back then. Cant do with him these days.
DIY FREE ZONE