Cressy's Banned Omniset

A place for DIY project discussions.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cressy's Banned Omniset

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

antonio66 wrote:I thought Cressy Jnr made the BTE pre [advertising on ebay] and refurbished old Lenco's. I did not realise Cressy Snr was Steve the Shadow.
:think: it seems I may be wrong about Jnr and Tisbury. Mixing up the little passive pre-amps.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Yes I'm Cressy Snr on Audio-Talk, but I'm not a Scot despite my location phrase.
My son Cressy, is BTE designs, maker of passives and puveyor of Lenco rebuilds, mods and replinths, among other things.

The drivers in the speakers are Faital Pro 6PR110 bass/mid and an SB acoustics ring tweeter with neodymium magnet.
The centre of thee dome is depessed and glued from the rear to a flat ended pin, hence the odd looks.

I'm looking forward to comparing the Cubes to my own speakers; should be interesting.

Doc,
Do you want me to do a Cube only review in the NVA room when I've listened to them?
Last edited by SteveTheShadow on Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

And at Audio Talk, and if you hate them say so don't be shy.

Positioning - place flat back against the wall (they will need stands) move inch by inch away from the wall until the bass gets in balance. then toe in 10 degs by 10 degs until the image becomes everywhere, behind the wall and out into the room.

wiicrackpot
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Thanks Steve, how wrong was i on all counts, :oops:
i'd still ''Do A Skid'' providing there's a part of your house with laminate flooring or lino,
just like you used to do when you were a kid. :grin:
Frank...made me do it.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I see that :

cressy as got the cubes and likes them a lot .

I also see with wry amusement , he as measured them and they have very flat in room frequency response. :grin: achieved by mechanical means not passive electronic and Tuned by ear not spectrum analysier , scottmoose will be having a heart attack :lol:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Indeed DQ!

Good to see that after many years of abuse our Doc has been vindicated, not only subjectively but by measurement too! :lol:

Just goes to show that the DOC and his followers were right all along & have good ears and that all of the egotists on various forums are nothing more than Twat's of the highest order!

This result needs to be thrust in the faces of the naysayers!

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

All us owners of Cubes knew how good they were. :grin: I wasn't bothered about measurements and how good my ears are, I just know I enjoy them [listening right now and sounding excellent]. Cressy Snr speaker builds have been very interesting, and its good to know he enjoyed the Cube 2's, and which also helped him improve upon his own speakers by changing the caps.
Congrats Mr Cressy on your speaker builds, your latest one looks fab. :clap:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is just nice to show eeediots up as eeediots, it is part of our work here at HFS. It wont cure them of being eeediots, but you never know it might make them think, unlikely as it seems.

wiicrackpot

Good review of the Cube 2's, notice they'll be appearing at Owston from AT thread,
love to hear them side by side with Steve's Ominsets, have a nice day and hope it all goes well. :guiness;
Frank...made me do it.

wiicrackpot

Been enjoying the Owston thread over at Audio Talk, looks like a nice meet was had by all and nice kit,
loadsa speakers pics which suits me right down to a tee being a speakers guy, :mrgreen:
good to hear DTB's doc mod DL8's had a fair hearing. :clap:

P.S. that carpet is scorching. :o

P.S.S knowing there's a few cycling fans there, seems there's plenty of room for a spin bike tucked in the corner for a wee change of subject for the few bikeys and a spin if they feel like it, that'd be cool. 8-)