Doc modding Marantz imperial 7

A place for DIY project discussions.
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Doc modding Marantz imperial 7

Unread post by karatestu »

wiicrackpot wrote:Jeez Stu, thats serious weight you're putting in those speakers,
hope it don't kill the music with it lined with metal to the hilt. :)

If ti doesn't work out, you can turn them into practice dummies for Wing Chuan practice,
they'll be basically the weight of a grown man. :mrgreen:
Well I did say I would need a sack barrow to move these and I meant it :lol: I have small kids (3 & 7) and if they run into one of these it will be like a car crashing into a tree - the trees don't move :grin:

I don't know if you can go too far with adding mass with steel ? Didn't Linn say that a very substantial concrete cab would be best for the isobariks ? Killing the music is not something I want to do but K D Lang could do with being murdered. :clap:

Stu
DIY FREE ZONE

wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Wash your mouth out Stu, K.D. Lang rocks, :music-rockon: put me in the mood for Ingenue and Shadowland now. :grin:

Have you heard a better version of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE

Yes, always thought the more drivers, the more phasey it gets, 3 way would be my ideal too,
at least the big JBL's or such like are worth what they are paying for, a change from paying silly money for LS3/5a's. :doh:

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

I'm with you wiicrackpot. Ingenue is one of my go to albums for any new gear installed - fantastic recording.

wiicrackpot

Knuckle tap Antonio !!, man with taste. :grin:
Frank...made me do it.

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

core shes a looker too! :o
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

I think she leans the other way Jayman. :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

She is right, can you serious understand wanting and being with a man :-? shudder

OK ok I will shut up, I know most women and some men do. No accounting for taste.

If I was a woman I would definitely be a lesbian.

wiicrackpot

At least she's not doing it broads version of ''broke back mountain'',
you know pink cowgirl gear, girls night out and trying to be as loud and vulgar as guys on the slate, :hand:
looking at her she actually comes across as someone really comfortable with herself sexuality and in a nice place,
not push it on our faces like Elton John or such like, she actually could pass as a Bhuddist nun, nice demeanour and dignified way.

Any updates on the speakers?.
Frank...made me do it.

karatestu
Great Britain

No progress since yesterday. Weekends are spent with the kids and then boozing when they have gone to bed. :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness; :guiness;
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

Some more steel cut today. All the angle iron and plates for the bottom are cut.

A close up of the angle and plate for the bottom

The angle and plate in the bottom of one of the cabs. Still got the plate for the top, sides and back to cut.

A sneak preview of my next victim - Mordaunt short MS902S

:dance: :dance: :dance:
DIY FREE ZONE