Lego fan creates LP12 beater

A place for DIY project discussions.
Alfi
Wales

Lego fan creates LP12 beater

Unread post by Alfi »

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/some ... ss2RQBj.99

Look out Ivor and all your expert dealers, Lego is coming for you they just have to sort out the motor noise :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alfi
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Lego fan creates LP12 beater

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

A firm did make a 'turntable kit' in the late 60's/early 70's. It was an idler driven thing and you built the bearing, drive etc. and motor onto the top plate - and then plinthed it yourself... I suppose the Connoisseur BD1 was a belt drive equivalent...

Actually, the LP12 itself is a kit as supplied. Earlier ones pre mid 80's often had to be stripped down to next-to-nothing to sort them out prior to sale. Not that Linn's assembly ladies did anything wrong, the two I met were lovely, but the plinths were often cack and bolts weren't straight as a result - and so on and so on - yawn...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Re: Lego fan creates LP12 beater

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Shame about the record though, that arm is swaying from side to side nicely with audible wow, I was even able to ignore the motor noise. That is quite an impressive piece of kit.