Been thanked: 0

Re: Tonearm Interconnects

Unread post by jammy395 »

Bastardising it then...... :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

jayman67 wrote: heres a pic of a similar sony arm,mine uses the same bearing method,

i may be showing my inexperience here but is that what quality hi end tonearms use?
Yes, well can do and other ways as well.

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

forgive me if im wrong but doesn't rubber perish over time?
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Ignorance. Japanese arms are made by Japan Inc, the name that is on it is immaterial, this even applies to full turntables. They all build bits for each other and use expertice from other companies. It is like selecting from a kit of parts. Both Rega and Linn used this by going to Japan and selecting a kit of parts to be made up. This is why the arm in my Pioneer PL71 and the Rega R200 are very similar, the two main differences is that there is a selection process with bearings - not what they look like, and you can specify from which point you want and price is the arbetter. Rega do the same thing now with their RB300 series bearings. For the R200 Rega *chose* the belt bias and a lower quality bearing and that is all the difference between those two arms. Now who made (assembled) them is meaningless.

You are making presumptions and making bad decisions from it, but that is your business. I am going on My experience with many Japanese arms and my knowledge of the Japanese hi-fi business, you take it or leave it, as with Dave it is given freely, and anyone on this planet has the freedom to be an idiot if they want to. Most people try and learn others don't and others think they know it all because of what some others tell them not from empirical knowledge. You have a chance of creating empirical knowledge.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

jayman67 wrote:forgive me if im wrong but doesn't rubber perish over time?
It depends on the rubber compound and how it is used. In the case of the belt on the Rega R200 yes sadly it did, Rega made a wrong decision in their selection from the available kit of parts.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Any cable not using the screen as the return (neg) is shotgun in principle whether within one cable with two cores or using two cables.

The Permed One

Unread post by The Permed One »

The Permed One wrote:ADMIN EDIT - A single smilie is not a post as there is no content. In future use content or don't bother. Next time will be a strike.
oo im shaking in my boots :dance:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Permy take a fukin chill pill man......... :doh:

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Ignorance. Japanese arms are made by Japan Inc, the name that is on it is immaterial, this even applies to full turntables. They all build bits for each other and use expertice from other companies. It is like selecting from a kit of parts. Both Rega and Linn used this by going to Japan and selecting a kit of parts to be made up. This is why the arm in my Pioneer PL71 and the Rega R200 are very similar, the two main differences is that there is a selection process with bearings - not what they look like, and you can specify from which point you want and price is the arbetter. Rega do the same thing now with their RB300 series bearings. For the R200 Rega *chose* the belt bias and a lower quality bearing and that is all the difference between those two arms. Now who made (assembled) them is meaningless.

You are making presumptions and making bad decisions from it, but that is your business. I am going on My experience with many Japanese arms and my knowledge of the Japanese hi-fi business, you take it or leave it, as with Dave it is given freely, and anyone on this planet has the freedom to be an idiot if they want to. Most people try and learn others don't and others think they know it all because of what some others tell them not from empirical knowledge. You have a chance of creating empirical knowledge.
yep and with all that said you'd be a fool not to buy it then eh?
come on then where's your offer?? :mrgreen:
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I already answered, what is your price. The best way is to put it up at ebay then I will get a bargain.