Tonearm Interconnects

A place for DIY project discussions.
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Tonearm Interconnects

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Jayman , seems to me to you asked some reasonable questions, but questions asked on h/s are answered robustly , it is antidote to other usual bullshit forums . Alas , DSJR is doing his usual trick of turning his experience/preference in to a universal truth instead of the opinion it is ,I call it the serge disease , it is prevalent in hifi ;)

No harm in experimenting with a new arm , but if you can buy one without selling it then you can compare .

As for tone-arm cables you are all of course bonkers , I did away with mine :lol:
A lot of what I say IS a universal truth, shared and confirmed by others - prove it to be otherwise and then come back to the discussion! :roll:
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

ADMIN EDIT - Ad Hominem removed.

The alternative is I will make is my mission of the month to dissect everything you post to establish what you consider to a universal truth is in fact nothing more than an opinion you made 25+ years ago and cant be arsed to modify .

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose :icon-lol:
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

But if you think about it (really hard) that just dont make sense Guy. :think:

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Talking about Jap arms and people recommending a change. I think DC is playing a daft trick with himself with the new SL1200. Just seen a vid of the lengths the Japs went to on the arm. It's nothing like the old one apart from the head shell (easily changed). This could be an absolute bargain and return to the Japanese engineering of old. Which at £2700 including arm would make it a bargain (less than current price of SME V).
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Aye its a heck of a lot dearer than the out going model Rocky, but I still think it represents (Compared to other decks) good VFM.
:guiness;