:guiness;

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Re: Lenco GL75 Hacked About.

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Rega Carbon.
Far too Flat Earth for me.
Cheap ass bloody thing!
25 quid on Amazon, so given all the mark-ups and margins, it probably cost at least 25p to manufacture. :lol:
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

SteveTheShadow wrote:Rega Carbon.
Far too Flat Earth for me.
Cheap ass bloody thing!
25 quid on Amazon, so given all the mark-ups and margins, it probably cost at least 25p to manufacture. :lol:
True on all counts....So why does it piss all over MC's at x times the price.......
Strange days indeed......unless yer a cartridge snob. :guiness;

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Cos a lot of MCs are overpriced shite maybe ? :P

jammy395

SteveTheShadow wrote:Cos a lot of MCs are overpriced shite maybe ? :P
Respect Steve.....Im with ya on that one......Koetsu/ Shelter/ AN/ Benz /etc etc. etc anyone.

:guiness; ..ITS REVIEW FODDER , FOR THE MASSES.... :lol:

jammy395

Koetsu MC..£15097
Goldring MM..£375

Go fukin figure........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :guiness;

And yep the humble goldie pisses on it all day long.......... :hand:

The Permed One

Unread post by The Permed One »

SteveTheShadow wrote:Cos a lot of MCs are overpriced shite maybe ? :P
:grin:

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

New, 3mm thick, neoprene rubber platter mat has added the finishing touch to the Lenco/Mayware/Shure combination.
This mat grips both platter and record, in the rotational direction, like the proverbial limpet; this unlike the mat it came with, which allowed the record to slip on the mat and the mat to slip on the platter. It also damps the platter ringing superbly well.

It's a bit like the old "Spectra" mat and similar highly grippy neoprene accessory mats, which suddenly went out of fashion in the late 70s, after glass and felt became the "in" record/platter interface during the early stages of the Flat Earth takeover bid.

As a result of this rotational "clamping" effect, provided by the mat, the sound has cleaned up beautifully from end to end, revealing more of the capabilities of the whole combo. The sound was good with the old mat and gave very few dodgy moments, but with the new mat, the whole presentation is secure, solid, smooth, extended and detailed; just how I like it.

Here is the mat I bought:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291695714993? ... EBIDX%3AIT

prophet261

Unread post by prophet261 »

glad to see someone else with a l75/uni combo going on - there's something special happens. mine is an old rewired hadcock 228 on a homebrew mount, minimum damping on the deck, new feet, and an early unmolested decca blue into the phono1 - could never use it as a main deck, 2hrs max, but i've never heard anything that's as "hard-wired" to the music....just thinking about it puts a smile on my face, after an hour or two's listening i'm smiling ear-to-ear for the rest of the day. nothing better for dance music, 70s electronica (pre-digital), jazz (ella's never sounded more like "ella") but it is full-on, side A of tomita's pictures is audio warfare (the pure tones make my skull ache after a while). the 6750/rondoblue will always be the main deck, and i could happily listen to it 24/7, but i could never give up the lenco/228/deccablue because it just does something nothing else does - if i was a muso i'd say 'more live than live', but thats :Bllocks: ( still it has more energy than live, it's more 'in your face' than live imho) & i love it :grin: :grin: :grin:
nva a80s, a40s (mk1s), p90sa + phono1 mm, phono1 mc, ls5s, monopulse 32As (early), sony6750, lenco75 (all modded to some degree or another), homebrew pi Zero digital end / cd ripping station, homebrew interconnects, bmu (wip), garage conversion (wip) :doh: :pray: :doh:

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Aye, there's just something about a Lenco parnered with a unipivot arm that screams "music" :grin: