Activation project of JPW ML510i (looking for manual)

A place for DIY project discussions.
antti8585
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Activation project of JPW ML510i (looking for manual)

Unread post by antti8585 »

Hi,

I'm fairly new in a forum and have tried to go through all JPW ML710 and ML510 threads, but I have not found anywhere exact specs nor manual for them.

I have read that the electronics are the same for 510/710 but how about the elements are they also the same so that only difference would be the case?

I have activated succesfully many JPW Mini Monitors with http://www.electronicaestudio.com/docs/VMA2016-E.pdf VMA2016 D-Class amplifier and planing to do now same with ML510i.

With Mini Monitors they have worked well, I have socket for 20v DC laptop powersuply + possibility to attach e.g. 3x18650 LiPo with welcro on back of the speakers.

It's been easy modification so that activating only one speaker + turning the speaker connections of that active speaker for 2:nd speaker output.

Planing to do similar with ML510i but maybe there could be even possibility to left them also as passive speakers (just in case) as there is the bi connectors.

But if anyone would have pointers for manual for either one of 710 or 510 or detailed specs, that would be welcome before tearing the speakers apart.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Activation project of JPW ML510i (looking for manual)

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Paper never teaches you. You learn from experience, just dive in.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

If you are thinking of using the bi wire connectors,you should take off the connector panel and check that they are not connected inside.My ML310's have a wire soldered between them on the inside of the panel... :confusion-shrug: Have fun..
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

antti8585

Unread post by antti8585 »

wallace wrote:If you are thinking of using the bi wire connectors,you should take off the connector panel and check that they are not connected inside.My ML310's have a wire soldered between them on the inside of the panel... :confusion-shrug: Have fun..
Yeah, I kind of asumed that they are probably just soldered to each other (I have externaly tested that it is the same which I will connect) so mine at least are both conected. But if it is just wire bridge or similar between, it would be easy to cut off + then use them for different purpose if possible. I Might need to put one extra switch to electricly cut off the amplifier though.

And actually I don't necessary need the specs or manuals for anything but they would be still good for education to see how they were sold / advertized at their time.

Also for 510:s I was planing to use some more advanced amplifier than 2016 for them.

Also I have bluetooth adapter on a shelf for dyi projects and it might be worth testing it for this if it would be easier to use battery powered boom box after installing that.

And all of course inside the speaker (except the batteries).

On MiniMonitors the 10w doesn't get extra hot, although I remember measuring with IR camera some 55deg celsius out side the box so just hoping they would not burn the internals some day :)

Maybe have to put some glasswool that doesnt burn near the amplifier stones.