Modding Minstrels

A place for DIY project discussions.
wallace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Modding Minstrels

Unread post by wallace »

This post is made from behind the sofa...After two days listening to them sans wadding,i decided they didn't sound right to me.SSooo i put it back in and normal service has been resumed.All i can say is that they sounded a tad thin,and putting back the wadding restored the warmth i was used too.To my old ears they sound better as they were.At least i know what's inside them now.. :obscene-smokingjoint: :mrgreen:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

As has been said way back in the thread about modding them, after de-wadding you have to reposition them, they go back further to the wall. You then get the same original balance but with the added clarity as well.

wallace
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wallace »

Due to marital constraints they have always been as far to the wall as they will go.If i bring them out either the wife or the dog will walk into them,best to keep them out of the way as much as poss.LS5 will never keep the dog away from the postman... :pray: :shifty:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1