A place for DIY project discussions.
istari_knight
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JPW ML710

Unread post by istari_knight »

southall-1998 wrote:James, how do you sleep at night man :mrgreen:

S.
Most of the time I don't ! Usually a case of falling asleep from exhaustion, I find it incredibly difficult to keep any sort of routine. Must invest in some Horlicks :grin:
Daniel Quinn wrote:I have used these in my wharfedales and they are now in the family room , they were expensive kitchen tiles but we had loads left over . very hard cermaic and very heavy with a shiny white surface .

I figured that as they a had glossy glaze it would be the same a steel plate :lol:

the doc may have other ideas ;)
Ooh and did they work ? I can't see why they wouldn't... A trip to B&Q is on the cards now then. What adhesive did you use ?

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It was the last doc mod idid on them but yes it did work. It tidied up the bottom end and made it more solid.

However they v are floor standers and I could not remove the petition so I could only mass load the top half of the box so improvements were diluted.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Never tried. I have used acrylic sheet inside HDF and alluminium and steel plate. Acrylic is best on its own and steel is better than Alluminium with wood.

istari_knight

Okay, I'll give it a go and let you know the result.

istari_knight

Managed to tame the "fruity" bass, was in fact the amp I'm currently using [also a Technics :roll: ] Re-capped it yesterday out of necessity as the reservoir caps were leaking quite badly it wasn't safe to use... Anyway, whilst in there I swapped the positively ancient and awful 4558 opamps out for some equally ancient but not so bad sounding 5532's - I wanted to try my usual LM4562 but the power supply voltage is too high for them, could put a diode in series with the +/- supplies but couldn't be arsed.

Objectivists say opamps all sound the same, well these weren't even in the signal path & you'd have to be deaf as a post not to notice a difference. Much cleaner sound now :guiness;