Onix

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
southall-1998
Wales

Onix

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Onix OA21. Looks a little run down on the outside. But just look at those innards :clap:

Pity, if this had an inbuilt headphone stage/socket I'd have been tempted.

S.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181456552159? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Shane Lonergan.

guydarryl

Re: Onix

Unread post by guydarryl »

They made two external power supplies for it ("soap"), apparently either of them further improved this amp.

Their early "shoe box" amps were built like tanks (no experience of their later models), but I think that they didn't stay in business because they were not charging enough for them.

I couldn't quite afford the OA21 at the time as I was newly married and trying to get used to a mortgage :violin: So I bought the cheaper OA20; Still in use nearly 30 years later. I have a great deal of respect/love for their early offerings. I think that they are being re-launched as "onix dna" being made in the far east somewhere.

Guy.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Never sold the Onix brand, but OA21's that came along for dems always sounded lovely I remember and these were not with the add-on supply either.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Interesting, auction has been ended by seller. Perhaps he saw sense!
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1