Neat Petite.

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Neat Petite.

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

The Studio 1 in most versions was a boomy old thing, but very good with small Quad amps and playing light-orchestral/small group acoustic music. The BC1 at its best was far better and the SP1 better again overall. By this time, the Rogers LS7 in the tier down was where it was at.

My BC2's are anything BUT dull, I can assure you. The main drivers were taken from an unwanted pair of SA2's, so later issue and tweaked over the originals, and checked by Spendor's current designer before he sent them to me. The HF1300 tweeter can sound very clear and sweet, the add-on 'super' tweeter not really adding much unless it's too high an output and adding to the 12kHz sparkle the Celestion has.

Current Harbeths, C7 series excepted, don't boom at all and can rock without added aggression really well. The music speaks for itself on these, although they can't really be called 'BBC' speakers now, as they're so far removed in design and tuning and the beeb is now using active Dynaudios and a few genelecs I understand in their glass studios with odd acoustics...

[edit] Sorry, I'm doing it again. Just ignore me chaps, I'll come right eventually :think:
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...