NVA TSS

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: NVA TSS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

zebbo wrote:I'm lost! :shock: I thought Jason was here, one of the good guys! What happened? I obviously need to read more of the other threads!!! :oops: :lol:
Its a long story Zebbo that probably wont be told in full. Suffice it to say he was admin here and decided lately he was unhappy about "elsewhere on the web" when I had a dig at one of his friends from Chews. So he gave up the admin and passed it to Terry.

Separately but also linked to this he wanted to get out of his commitment to become a partner in NVA - this is the part that is the long story. It has caused us to fall out and him to hack this forum after passing admin to Terry and also to hack my home computer, well not so much a hack as he installed this computer for me and put in a program so he could take it over if he wanted to. There were then numerous versions of this program put in by him later so he could read what I was doing and take over the computer anytime he wanted to. Well he took it over when he hacked the forum and I had to take it to a local computer anti virus man to clean it out, and he found four versions of the program so Jason could use his mobile devices as well when at work or on holiday with his parents in Greece. Two of the program instructions were written in Greek.

Basically I was blackmailed and held to ransom over his commitment to the company. I thought we had an agreement that neither would attack the other on-line but he has broken his side twice now so I see no reason not to tell what happened. Twice the guy made a verbal commitment to the company and I started the prep work, and then he backed out. My wife was fuming as we were using the money he was coming in with initially in our long planned house move so I get more space for work. Well he cocked that up twice. He then came back again and said a third time he wanted to become a partner, neither Nadia or I wanted this third time aggravation so he offered / agreed to putting in £10k there and then to be his commitment so he couldn't change his mind. I wish I had listened to Nadia because she told me not to do it as he would find another way to worm out (this is the point he installed the computer :roll: ). Anyway due to his family and job circumstances he was not able to commit to the company so this was for future legacy. I didn't feel I wanted to go through the effort again of setting up the company as a ltd partnership until he was able to work in it and anyway his money was in as his commitment. Well the hacking and blackmail was to force me to send him back the £10k (even though it screwed up my summer cash flow) so he got it back. But as you can hopefully see a justification this whole thing pissed me off so much I no longer want anything to do with the man. I gave him my company name to sell his computer audio products, I made no profit it was for him. I gave him training in electronics and production, I have got nothing for that but blown up amps and grief!!!! and now him telling people he knows all about NVA and how to build and repair them.

I really didn't want to get into this explanation as it is no ones business, and as I said in another post I am under threat that if I post what I have posted here he will hack in again and take down this forum, and will hack my computer again. AND remember this guy was a teenage hacker who did it for fun, but now has a senior position in IBM so hopefully if he does kill our forum as he is threatening the police will be able to pin it on him, as I believe hacking is a criminal offence.

Hopefully now this is the end of it as I am fed up to the teeth with the whole thing.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Bloody hell, what a twat. :shock: :violence-smack:
Thanks for the info sorry to rake it all over again.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sovereign wrote:Thats what the labels on the sides of the trannies say
Can you PM or email me photo. This is not the set I have just sent back is it, because that is impossible.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

zebbo wrote:Bloody hell, what a twat. :shock: :violence-smack:
Thanks for the info sorry to rake it all over again.
I think you really mean, what a cunt !!!

Doc, sorry to hear about all this. I'm sure karma will fuck the shite someday !!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well to put his views, this is a post he made last week at Chews. The admin removed the swearing but I can tell you it was ripe. I really do not know what he has to complain about, he blackmailed the £10k back so what is his problem, anyway judge for your self, this is the on going saga about how big power supplies goes in what. My problem is there have been at least four versions of the A80s in the 20 odd years they have been in production. I can't remember what transformers were in the early metal ones. Anyway Jasons diatribe for your edification.

***********************************************************************************************************

figlet108 July 2
ok, I just can't stop myself, the breathtaking hypocrisy and lies is too much to bear - so I'm just going to vomit this out (for medicinal reasons only you understand) and I'll rely on the mods to delete this post at will:

Richard Dunn (of NVA) is a xxxx, a xxxxx, and a xxxxxxxxx. He says that "TSSmk2 is better than A80's" when he knows full well that they can't possibly be:
Other than the TSS(mk2) Alan which has bigger transformers than the A80, the other 5 production TSSmk2's, of which I have 2, have SMALLER transformers than the A80, because quite simply bigger ones do not fit on the case! The amp boards are exactly the same, and every aspect of the TSS and A80 is EXACTLY the same, except the transformers are smaller.
SO HOW CAN IT POSSIBLY BE BETTER!!! It is in fact a little worse by Richard's own definition of better and worse.
Let me guess, the TSS case makes it sound better than a black box case...

But since Richard is apparently the ONLY person in hifi that tells the truth and has integrity and everyone else is a liar, crook, cheat, shill, etc etc, I must be wrong about this and there must be a good explanation...

********************************************************************************************************************************

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well all this would probably have been better kept private between Doc & Jason - But since it's now public knowledge we get a wee glimpse of both perspectives......Jason i reckon is a lucky bugger that Doc didnt press charges on the computer hacking saga - Serious shit with serious penaltys if found guilty...... :naughty:

As for transformer output's a larger output is no guarentee of better sound quality SMALLER CAN BE BETTER. :think:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

But Jammy what he has written there is pure bollox, I never told him that and I don't know how he could have come to that conclusion.

That was posted on Chews a public forum a week ago.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

And another thing that needs to be said about transformers is that the VA rating has been over time "how long is a piece of string" because it hasn't been qualified. Per usual ignorant people just spout as though they have knowledge. Not so much now but in the past one manufacturers 300va was another ones 250va there was that much variation. Reason, like watts with which VA rating is very akin, it depends on the parameters set for the test. The test is about heat, how much do the coils heat up over a specific time and the time v temp sets the max VA for a transformer. In the past different manufacturers used different parameters so it was next to impossible to compare, so I went on size - bigger more VA - because the cores would be bigger and the wire in the windings thicker.

A good example is that in the 80's and early 90's I used ILP transformers and they over rated their transformers, a 300va ILP is the equiv of a 230 or 250va of my current suppliers. Part of the reason was ILP wound their transformers differently the opposite way around (primary or secondary winding on the outside) as normal.

So the point is like watts VA is open to interpretation as there are no fixed industry wide standard parameters, but it is more consistent now than it used to be. Remember specs are lies / marketing bullshit unless you know how to qualify / interpret them and you have to understand electronics to do that.

This is interesting, showing a toroid winding machine in action, it is boring up to 7.40 but after that you see the machine working. This seems to be an Indian manufactured machine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5UGRsxAek4

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Also DQ Chews was set up by the ex admin of this forum before Jason who also didn't like EOTW and supposedly set up Chews as an antithesis to it, it is even written into their rules that this saga has run a steam roller over. So it is hypocrisy all round I am afraid.

I suppose EOTW is the Marmite of forum rooms, but it is there for a purpose, and as a lot of you can see its purpose has been realised many times in exposing this industry bullshit especially on other forums. The people who don't like it are usually those who have been on the end of the sting or those who have something to hide.

The only person at Chews who seems to be vaguely following their rules (but even he has condoned this attack) is Docfoster, who is Jason's friend he wanted to protect.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

EOTW forthright views was what attracted to me to H/S in the first place , it was a beacon in a hifi world full of bull shit and as a contributor since joining I would simply say only internet persona's were criticised and overwhelmingly via what they wrote , all people picked on were done so in accordance with the stated aims and purpose of the thread and it seems to have been very successful as there is a lot less to highlight these days . :D