NVA TSS

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Andrew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NVA TSS

Unread post by Andrew »

My memory isn't that great on the Statement range. I'd be interested to know where this would sit compared to, say, a pair of A80s.

Looks incredible.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330945571663? ... 1423.l2649

jammy395

Re: NVA TSS

Unread post by jammy395 »

interesting to see what they fetch.......
I think they would be a fair jump up from A80s..... :think:

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

It's a single Stereo amp, and he's selling it as a prototype, or an R&D amp, as he puts it. Hard to value, I guess, but £600 doesn't seem a lot. Might not even buy the parts.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Hope this works (from the archive)

T.S.S. - The Second Statement stereo power amplifier

TSS is based on NVA's revolutionary two-stage amplifier circuit. Each channel is driven by two separate power supplies for greater dynamic freedom and musical analysis. The two ¼ inch thick circuit boards - ten times thicker than conventional boards - each feature £90 worth of pure gold to ensure the lowest possible signal degradation.

TSS power amplifier must be used with a high quality passive preamplifier. For best performance, we strongly recommend TSS power amplifier be matched with an NVA Statement preamplifier, the best performing units we know at any price.

Specification
Inputs Pair of SMA
Outputs Two pairs of 4mm sockets
Power Supply Two 450VA, plus two 300VA transformers; a total of 92,000µF in four four-stage power supplies
Size 400 x 450 x 130mm (wdh)

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

A quote from the Doc, in another thread today -
"It is a prototype and was sold under the condition that it would not be resold and therefore will not be serviced by me. I know the amp and I know who it is. Perhaps someone should inform the seller."
:naughty:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Pity that. I think I would've bid, but don't feel right about it under those circumstances

jammy395

Andrew wrote:It's a single Stereo amp, and he's selling it as a prototype, or an R&D amp, as he puts it. Hard to value, I guess, but £600 doesn't seem a lot. Might not even buy the parts.

Well Andrew ....Ya pays yer money and ya make's yer choice.....

But this wee gem here....NVA ref....Buy it, if you can afford it..........I am sure Mr Dunn would be only too happy to give it the "Once over" but pretty sure - not much would stress it - (Apart from Andy Srewart on a Saturday night) and daft Pricks using daft cables......Re Runs of course........ :naughty:

I shit you not - This will be a collectors item.................. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

jammy395 wrote:
Andrew wrote:It's a single Stereo amp, and he's selling it as a prototype, or an R&D amp, as he puts it. Hard to value, I guess, but £600 doesn't seem a lot. Might not even buy the parts.

Well Andrew ....Ya pays yer money and ya make's yer choice.....

But this wee gem here....NVA ref....Buy it, if you can afford it..........I am sure Mr Dunn would be only too happy to give it the "Once over" but pretty sure - not much would stress it - (Apart from Andy Srewart on a Saturday night) and daft Pricks using daft cables......Re Runs of course........ :naughty:

I shit you not - This will be a collectors item.................. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Are you talking about the R&D TSS?

jammy395

Are you talking about the R&D TSS? (Sov- James)

YES.......Sorry for any confusion.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Cheers, Jammy.

I'd not feel right buying it now I know how it was sold by the Doc. I've no doubt it will likely be bulletproof, but I really don't want the seller to profit if he's broken his word. If I'd got something as stellar as that, it would only be for sale as part of my estate when I'm gone! Even then I'd probably haunt the new owner just in case he ever abused it.

I'm sure somebody will get a bargain, but as they say on TV "I'm out" :naughty: