Denon DP-100

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Gromit
Has thanked: 0

Denon DP-100

Unread post by Gromit »

One serious DD monster here

One for Applemarc?
Sources: Macbook/Sony CDP-X303ES/TEAC UD-H01 dac & Sony PS-6570/Benz Micro ACE SL
Making it louder: Sonneteer Sedley/Sonneteer Campion
Speakers: Royd Sapphire
Hooking it all up: NVA Soundcord & NVA LS6

applemarc
Been thanked: 0

Re: Denon DP-100

Unread post by applemarc »

Yes I am watching it I will be setting up the PL 71 tomorrow
Beresford Caiman Ipod

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

Ooh, that's made me all a quiver...

Be interesting to see what it goes for - any bets?
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

ninetynine

Unread post by ninetynine »

Sory to put a damper on your dreams but that is a scam listing.

howardc1951

Unread post by howardc1951 »

ninetynine wrote:Sory to put a damper on your dreams but that is a scam listing.
Any particular reason to say that?

ninetynine

Unread post by ninetynine »

The same photo and wording has been appearing from time to time over the past 5 to 10 years although it has been a while since it last went on Ebay. More info should show up on an internet search especially if there are archived pages from the original (genuine) sale from the early 2000's.

Anesthetise
Poland

Unread post by Anesthetise »

applemarc, did you buy PL71 from Tony on AoS?
ninetynine wrote:The same photo and wording has been appearing from time to time over the past 5 to 10 years although it has been a while since it last went on Ebay. More info should show up on an internet search especially if there are archived pages from the original (genuine) sale from the early 2000's.
If it's true, I'd be double careful and try to contact the seller by phone. He has no feedback at all, which makes it more suspicious.
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum

howardc1951

Unread post by howardc1951 »

Having no feedback at all isn't necessarily suspicious as it's quite possible that someone who's never traded on ebay before but now wants to sell something like that deck needs a new account. After all, where else can you sell something like that deck. I don't know whether ebay have changed their rules regarding new sellers recently or whether they've always been the same but my daughter recently became 18 which meant that she could start selling her artwork through her own ebay/paypal accounts rather than using mine but as a new seller she was told that she wouldn't have access to any payments for either 30 days or until her buyers gave positive feedback. So if he is a scammer he might find he has more problems than he realised.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

He may be genuine, and its the real deal - BUT - maybe not, i would make a point of meeting the guy to make sure all's well.....There, a wee bit o money involved..!!
Be carefull.......... :think:

Anesthetise
Poland

Unread post by Anesthetise »

Whatever it is - genuine or not - it doesn't really matter as the future buyer will probably not even allow the seller to send it by any parcel service (at least I wouldn't...) :) I do not know what it's worth, but the price is already almost 1k pounds. Who would put at risk a gem like that?
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum